SV WHISKEY JACK

Canadian family circumnavigating full time aboard a 2001 Leopard 45.

Paradise Village

We are moored at the dock in Paradise Village - it feels like home because we spent so much time here in 2010 after the '09 Baja Ha Ha. We have spent the weekend relaxing, eating, reading and watching the sailors on all the boats around us knock off boat chores. I feel like we should spend this time at the dock working and getting important boat work done but Rockstar is in good shape right now and there are no big or small projects on the horizon. It feels strange to not have a "to-do" list - isn't that the whole point of owning a boat? Make a list, do some work, cross something off, make another list? We don't have internet access right now either and Jeff and I can't decide if thats a good or bad thing. It's good because it forces us to read more and find other ways to occupy our time; but it's different not to be able to quickly Google something and I still have a nagging anxiety that maybe there is an important email waiting for me. Yesterday, I walked up to the Yacht Club to download my email but after 4 days there was nothing in my inbox. I re-started my mac twice thinking something was wrong, but it was just that no one needed to send me anything - an odd feeling.....


Comments