Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Planning to float tomorrow

09 January 2013 | Green Cove Springs, Florida
We have decided to wait until tomorrow to launch. We relaxed a bit yesterday and went shopping in St. Augustine. For the first time ever we went into Sailors Exchange and didn't purchase anything. But we made up for it when we went to West Marine. We purchased a new Bahamian flag and a new chart book for Near Bahamas. It is all plastic and should last well. We bought more supplies (mostly food) and found a new shopping mall we didn't know about.

When we got back to the boat we finished putting the salt away through the engine. We had left it soaking while we were away. We have finished scrapping the bottom of the boat and touched up the bottom paint. It is now all washed, scrubbed, and scraped. David finished our outside work today when he sanded the prop. Barnacle parts still covering it. I put away all the groceries from yesterday and today.

While under the boat David noticed a gecko in the hose coming out of a through hull. We tried banging on the boat, banking on the hose and shaking the hose, but it wouldn't come out. We hope it comes out before tomorrows launch.

We will finish organizing our supplies once we are in the water. Hopefully by the time we are ready to cross the Gulf Stream we will have found a place for everything.

We will try to get a last blog out before we head out to Jacksonville. The picture is of only a small section of the work yard. It is just one direction on our row. The weather today was hot and sunny. Sorry
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada