Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Getting closer to end of Bahama trip

26 March 2013 | Great Sale
When we woke Sunday the wind was starting to turn and come into the cove. We pulled up anchor and headed up towards where Seagull was anchored. We had a great sail going over 6 knots at times. We came into the cove and dropped anchor. Later we all went in to check out the beach. It was rough with lots of coral, but we got in a walk. We then went exploring the the cove in the dingys. At 4 we stopped exploring and went on Seagull for a drink before heading back to our boat for the night. We spend the next night here also the wind is up. A lot more boats come in this afternoon and evening. Some are just arriving in the Abacos and a few are leaving.
Tuesday we leave and head to Great Sale to wait for a weather window to cross. When we arrive we are the only ones here and go way in to anchor. It is a calm day and night. A few more boats come in. The next day we get in the dingys and go around the corner to the beach. There was a large area of cement. We heard it was a radio tower here. It was a hot calm day and when we went back to the boat I got in for a swim. You can see the bottom and we are in about 6-8 feet of water. Later in the day the wind picks up and a thunderstorm can be seen north of us lighting up the sky. We wake later to higher winds and the storm is right over us. You can see lightening bolts all around us way out, but not near us, and rain. Back to bead and later our drag alarm goes off, we are dragging and the wind is howling. We try to re-anchor twice and finally the third time it stays. A few other boats are dragging and re-anchor. In the morning we one on shore leaning. He is pulled off and seems fine. Still floating. We noticed last night when we drug that our wheel was turned all the way so we hope that is the reason we drug, because we turned more than we should. Haven't drug since. We are here for another day and plan to leave Friday.
Will send more later and hopefully a few pictures.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada