Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Relaxing at "Velcro Beach"

02 April 2013 | Vero Beach
We arrived here on Friday afternoon and have been sitting back enjoying the security of a mooring and being able to get supplies. We are tied up beside Seagull II who leave us this morning to head further north. We will see them again at Green Cove Springs. They have been great company for us and we have learned a lot from them.
We have been on the buses into town getting groceries, replacement parts, spare parts, and other supplies. We always seem to need or want something. We took the dingy further up this inlet and found a small beach at a park where we tied the dingy. We crossed the street to a larger park and we are now at the Atlantic Beach. We come by here on the bus also. We met some people from Nova Scotia who have a place here. We then came back to the boat.
On Sunday we brought in food for a pot luck Easter dinner. A large variety of food to try and great company, all chatting about our adventures in the Bahamas, and our trips across. You can learn a lot sitting and listening to some of the people who have been doing this for years. They give you good advice about places you have been or want to go. We really had a good time. Later in the evening we called home to wish our mothers a happy easter. Tomorrow is April Fools day.
We have been into town and checked out West Marine a couple of times. I think David is making a wish list. You always find things to replace and upgrade during these trips.
We are planning to stay here until Sunday. It looks like good winds for a few days. Sweet Chariot and Second Option arrived yesterday and we are hoping to see Twomorrows on Thursday. We know they have left Marathon and were in Miami yesterday.
Not much else going on. The weather has warmed up again and into the low 80's in the daytime, low 60's at night. We have dolphin coming by a couple of times each day. It is suppose to be windy Thursday and Friday, so we are quite content here waiting. That's why it is called "Velcro Beach".
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada