Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Boats and Bridges

21 February 2014 | Stuart,
Well we have been here for 5 days and have been really enjoying the place. We are at the Sunset Bay Marina and Anchorage on a mooring ball. It is $20 a day for a ball but only $300 for a month. They are very friendly here, the staff and the boaters. We have been spending some time each day up in the lounge watching Olympic events. Lots of Canadians cheering the ladies hockey team yesterday. Yeah ladies.
There is a free marina bus that goes Tuesday and Friday mornings to the stores and malls. It is only just over half a mile from here to Publix so it is a nice walk if you go early before the heat. I know you like hearing how nice and warm it is. January was cold but February has been great. We had a few showers late this morning but now it is just cloudy.
We spend a lot of evenings sitting out in the cockpit watching traffic go by on the bridge. Also there is a lift bridge we can watch go up and down as boats travel. Then the train bridge is between the lift and high rise bridge which also goes up and down as trains pass. Such an exciting life I know but when you add in the airplanes coming and going I don't know how we handle all the excitement. There is always something going on.
We have also been hanging out with Doug and Pat. They are just a few mooring balls away from us.
So now we are deciding how long to stay. If we stay over 15 days it starts getting cheaper to pay the month. We don't have to decide until then, then we just come in and say we are paying for the month.
There is a marina store and we can get coffee and snacks, sit out on the decks and watch all the action. We can walk along the water, under the bridges and over to historic downtown Stuart. There is also a park the other way with boardwalk that goes by the mooring field. Lots to do and see here.
At the lounge each Friday night is movie night with snacks the marina puts on. Tonight is Captain Phillips. Not sure if we are coming in yet.
Well enough about us having fun. We keep an eye on the weather home sorry for the snow. Christa sent us pictures. Yuck, not coming home till its gone.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada