Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

More on our trip

06 April 2014 | Green Cove Springs
The wind has been up and we had a thunderstorm so we are not getting away from Vero until Thursday. The boat Pyxis beside us is leaving at the same time so we head north. It is a southeast wind so we motor sail. It starts raining around 1 so we decide to stop at Melbourne bridge and anchor for the night. A quiet place and well protected from the southerly wind. We are up and away early again this morning. It was a fairly quick trip to Titusville motor sailing. We picked up a mooring, while Pyxis went into Westland Marina. They will be coming out and a trailer will take the boat to Ohio. We had planned on staying only one night, but it looks like we will have a northerly wind for the next couple of days and we would sooner be here on a mooring than anchored out in the open in Daytona. So we stay here until Monday. We are really glad we did because there is a thunderstorm on Saturday. High winds and heavy rain. We spend some time with Pyxis before we leave.
We get away early Monday and see pink flamingos on the islands before Haulover Canl and lots of manatee going through the canal. A bit of current against us at the first then it is with us for a while before against us again. It always seems you have it against you more than with. We anchor in Daytona, and there is hardly any wind. Another early morning so we can get through the Daytona lift bridges before morning traffic restrictions. Of course the tide is against us, not terrible but enough to make it so we won't get to the St. Augustine bridge before after work traffic restrictions. But at 5:30 we make it through the bridge and pick up a mooring in the north field. This is a better mooring field to us because you are right beside the fort and a street with lots of tourists walking by. Lots to watch. We watched them close the bridge later in the evening with police cars blocking both ends. It looked like city electricians out working on the bridge and later a crane lowered someone under the bridge and we could see what looked like welding. The next day we spent some time walking around and deciding what to do tomorrow. We decide to move in the morning and maybe go 15 miles to Pine Island, or continue up to Jacksonville. The decision will be made when off the island and we see how well we are moving up the coast. Decision made and we continue arriving at the St. John river just at high tide. We don't have much or any current against us and make it up to Metropolitan Park for the night.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada