14 February 2011 | Langkawi Malaysia
12 April 2010 | Guess
12 February 2010
19 November 2009 | Now Malaysia
11 October 2009 | Off the coast of Borneo Indonesia.
03 September 2009 | Labuan Bajo, Flores Indonesia.
22 July 2009 | Saumlaki Indonesia.
05 June 2009 | Gove
26 April 2009 | Magnetic Island
14 December 2008 | Townsville
31 October 2008 | Townsville
23 September 2008 | Port Clinton
19 August 2008 | Pancake Creek
24 May 2008 | Sydney
27 April 2008 | Hobart
02 April 2008 | Hobart
16 March 2008 | Cygnet

Week 2

21 December 2007 | Tamar Estuary
Dave, varied
We have slowly been making our way up the Tamar to Launceston where we will spend Christmas. Our son Pete is meeting us there on the 23rd. This week the weather has been all that you expect of Tasmania beautiful one day shit house the next. Let me explain further. Earlier in the week we spent a few days on a quiet, sunny anchorage near to Beauty Point and were the only ones there, we went walking on the beach, I caught my first fish which I would have thrown back if I could have got the hook out.

Over the next few days we meandered slowly up the river staying at various anchorages and pontoons along the way. One place we stayed at was called Rosevears which is just a waterside pub come restruant and can be highly recommended if you are passing this way. Everything was going just fine until yesterday ( Friday ), we were on a mooring at Gravelly Beach. The evening started off badly when we decided to walk up to Exeter to get some fuel for the dinghy( a 15 min walk), when we arrived the sky was looking threatening and we had left our forward hatch open. We rushed back and got to the boat just before the heavy rain came. The rest of the night was quite sleepless as the gale force wind over tide was tossing us about, We stayed up most of the night to make sure we didn't break away from the mooring. Today is still windy ( this is Tassie after all) but much more bearable than last night. Who said boating was all fun?

I would appreciate that if you visit this blog leave a comment in the comments section just a couple of words is sufficient. Thanks
Dave
Comments
Vessel Name: Whistle Down the Wind
Vessel Make/Model: Adams 40
Hailing Port: Melbourne