14 February 2011 | Langkawi Malaysia
12 April 2010 | Guess
12 February 2010
19 November 2009 | Now Malaysia
11 October 2009 | Off the coast of Borneo Indonesia.
03 September 2009 | Labuan Bajo, Flores Indonesia.
22 July 2009 | Saumlaki Indonesia.
05 June 2009 | Gove
26 April 2009 | Magnetic Island
14 December 2008 | Townsville
31 October 2008 | Townsville
23 September 2008 | Port Clinton
19 August 2008 | Pancake Creek
24 May 2008 | Sydney
27 April 2008 | Hobart
02 April 2008 | Hobart
16 March 2008 | Cygnet

Christmas afloat

30 December 2007 | Launceston Tasmania
Dave
The bad weather lasted a day and a half and has been great ever since. We moved up to the top of the estuary and berthed at the pier in Launceston. Pete arrived on 23rd as planned.
Our Christmas Day started off with delicious American waffles and champagne on board "Dirty Dottie" a boat from Florida. We met Mark and Dorothy the day before and were invited to breakfast. They have been living the cruising life for the past 10 yrs and have visited many of the places we wish to see and are a fantastic source of information.

We then had delicious Christmas dinner cooked by the first mate and hindered by a couple of males. It is the first Christmas that Matt (our older son) was not with us but we did light the candle he bought us last Christmas and had that at the dinner table with us. We all spoke to him in Wales later that evening and felt better for it.

Petes visit was over with all too quickly, we visited a few pubs; had a half hearted attempt at catching some fish; hiked / kayaked up cataract gorge; ate our fill of left over turkey and then it was time for him to return.

To all who are following our blog have a Happy New Year.

I really appreciate comments so keep them coming.

Dave and Jean

Whistle Down the Wind
Comments
Vessel Name: Whistle Down the Wind
Vessel Make/Model: Adams 40
Hailing Port: Melbourne