Searching for sunshine and warmth
14 November 2012 | Morehead City Yacht Basin
It's definitely time to head south!!!!
This past week has been another busy one. It's been much cooler than we prefer--- most days I need a jacket.
Robert has completed our new rigging for a spinnaker and we can hardly wait to try it!
We also have filled all our diesel fuel cans and strapped them on the lifelines with a new tie down system Robert devised.
We installed some gladiator shelving in both hulls, which has afforded is much more storage. It's also helped to make things more easily accessible.
We are the proud owners of the coolest hatch covers ever!!!! The guys at Outland Hatch Covers are remarkable. Fantastic customer service. The covers greatly improve the looks of our old gal, plus keep the glaring sun out of the saloon. We highly recommend them!
We secured our extra anchor to the lifeline on the starboard side--- no more need for digging to the bottom of the locker for it.
Had time for lots of fun as well. We shared several meals with our friends, Don and Judy ( Nemo's owners). Also had a visit from Joe Friday ( one if our dear friends from our Charlotte years). Our old neighbors, Terry and Debby Wilson spent the day with us -- great food, drink and fellowship.
Last weekend we celebrated our daughter's 30th birthday, as well as our grand daughter's 2nd birthday in Asheboro. Lots of fun.
We ran into some cruising friends . Al and Mary on Celestina are here at the marina for a few days. Great catching up with them!!!
We also ran into Keith and Terry on Cymric( we met them in Ft. Lauderdale earlier this year). One of my favorite things about cruising is reconnecting with folks we meet along the way, and sharing stories. It adds a lot of variety to life!
Of course, as it always happens, Robert is traveling all week with work. Once again, I'm readying the boat for our passage this weekend. I really think he plans it this way!!
We hope to depart Sat. Am. We had hoped to leave Friday and sail on the outside overnight, but the weather is not cooperating. Guess we'll hang out in the ICW for safety reasons. Hope to make Charleston by Sunday.
We are both ready for some warmer climate. Coats and gloves are not my favorite fashions!!!! Looking forward to shorts and flip flops again. Praying for improvement in the weather forecast --- the foul weather gear is ready, however. Maybe if we plan to need it, we won't. Ready for another adventure!!!!