Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Happy Easter/Welcome Home!!

16 April 2017 | Bath, NC
Becky
It's Easter Sunday, and we're up at 5:30 for a 6:00 departure. Robert helps NEMO with their lines while I make coffee.
There's enough light for us to ease out of our slip, into the White Oak River.
Is this the same river that we came into 12 hours ago??? This morning, it's calm, no whitecaps, light breeze. Still about 1.5 knots of current, but our departure went much more smoothly than yesterday's arrival.
Shortly after we pass the Hwy 58 bridge, the sun comes up. It is a spectacular sunrise; very appropriate for Easter Sunday. Just proof that you don't need to be in a church to have a spiritual experience.
Around 7:30, we deploy the spinnaker. The wind is forecast to pick up mid morning, so we're hoping to gain some speed.
I pass the early morning hours listening to some meditative music on Pandora. Trying to unwind a bit from the stresses of this trip, and do a little reflection on the beauty of our life.
The wind picked up, as predicted. Steady 12-15, gusts 23. We are making 7.0 knots average, but the spinnaker needs adjustment often. This wind doesn't last but about an hour, then becomes a steady 10.
We arrive at the Neuse River around noon, and initially the waves are right on our beam, but things settle quickly, and we're on a nice run. There are lots of boats out sailing today!! It's a gorgeous day; cool and sunny!!
Lunch is ham sandwiches, chips and salsa, and cheese.
As we come into the Bay River, we douse the spinnaker. We're quickly gaining on a big barge, and it's makin' me a little anxious!
Robert passes the barge just as we enter Hoboken Cut. NEMO follows suit.
Once past it, we raise the jib, and we're back up to 7.5 knots!!
The Coast Guard boat is in the cut with their flashing blue lights on. They board the powerboat ahead of us. Not our turn today!!
We make great time in the Pamlico River. The wind is blow in' a steady 15. Gusts over 20.
Praying it's not blowin' like that in Bath Creek when it's time to dock.
We arrive at our friend , David's dock in Bath Creek around 6:00 pm. Our welcoming committee is my sister Connie, Her hubby Rick, and David, the owner of the skip . We ease into the slip, tie off with a lot of effort on everyone's behalf. Then we help NEMO tie up at the end of the dock.
Dinner is hot dogs, brats, baked beans, and stuffed jalapeƱos, compliments of Connie and Rick. Numerous libations all around to celebrate our safe arrival to Bath; one of our favorite places on earth. Here's to family, friends, and fellowship!! Life is good!!
The crew of SeaQuell and NEMO have travelled many, many miles together. We're tired, but thankful. It's been a great ride!!
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC