Wild Alliance

The Danns Afloat !

Who: Adrian, Vicky & Finn
Port: Ipswich
15 December 2010 | La Linea
28 October 2010 | La Linea
27 October 2010 | la Linea
09 October 2010 | Algarve
26 September 2010 | Bayona, Spain
24 September 2010 | Bayona
14 September 2010 | Port Louis
07 September 2010 | Port Louis
05 September 2010 | Port Louis
30 August 2010 | Port Louis
24 August 2010 | France
24 August 2010 | Lezardrieux
18 August 2010 | Jersey
12 August 2010 | St Helier
07 August 2010 | Braye
05 August 2010 | Braye, Alderney
01 August 2010 | Brighton
27 July 2010 | Dover
26 July 2010 | Levington

Slow Progress

24 August 2010 | Lezardrieux
Aid
As the title suggests, we are on the move, but progress is not great ! Having crossed the forty odd miles from St Helier to Lezardrieux on the Trieux river in Brittany, we once again find ourselves sitting it out, as a succession of lows pass slowly over and around us, keeping the wind fresh to strong with gales at times !! We really haven't had a lot of luck so far with the weather, and just hope that as we get a bit further south, things will improve....or is it just wishful thinking ?
Getting around Ushant will be a big milestone as it will mean we can turn south and will officially be out of the channel ! If the forecasts are to be believed, we have 24 hrs of gale force sou'westerlies on weds/thurs and then what is looking like a lull......hopefully that will allow us to get to L'Aber Wrach, if not beyond !....fingers crossed!
Jersey was a great place to visit, not just for the stunning scenery and fascinating history, but also because we were able to spend some time with Sue, a great friend of the family who lives there. The extended stay there also meant that Roger and Jenny were able to hop on the fast ferry and come and stay with us for a few days, which was a real treat.
Our enforced stay here in Lezardrieux is not without its upside either, as the river and surrounding countryside are stunningly beautiful - one can only guess at how much nicer it could be if it was warm, sunny and still !
Its as opposite to the muddy east coast rivers as you could get, with all its rocks, huge tides and quaint old french houses perched on the rocks along the banks....but we do miss our mud, more than a little !



Comments
Vessel Name: Wild Alliance
Vessel Make/Model: Formosa 51 1979
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Adrian, Vicky & Finn
Extra: We have lived aboard for the last 5 years, first on our old yacht "AMP UK" and now on "Wild Alliance" since buying her in Nov 08. Improvements and upgrades have been made over that time and although she still needs lots of "cosmetic" TLC, the big job list is gradually getting shorter.......

The Danns Afloat !

Who: Adrian, Vicky & Finn
Port: Ipswich