Wild Alliance

The Danns Afloat !

Who: Adrian, Vicky & Finn
Port: Ipswich
15 December 2010 | La Linea
28 October 2010 | La Linea
27 October 2010 | la Linea
09 October 2010 | Algarve
26 September 2010 | Bayona, Spain
24 September 2010 | Bayona
14 September 2010 | Port Louis
07 September 2010 | Port Louis
05 September 2010 | Port Louis
30 August 2010 | Port Louis
24 August 2010 | France
24 August 2010 | Lezardrieux
18 August 2010 | Jersey
12 August 2010 | St Helier
07 August 2010 | Braye
05 August 2010 | Braye, Alderney
01 August 2010 | Brighton
27 July 2010 | Dover
26 July 2010 | Levington

Eastwards to the Med !

09 October 2010 | Algarve
Aid
Just a short post from me (Vic normally writes most of the blog!).
After a week in the great town of Lagos (the marina is RIDICULOUSLY expensive though!), we left on thursday to head east along the Portuguese coast and ever closer to the Med. Its so nice to have the west coast behind us at this late time in the season - especially when the forecasts for where we've just come from show gales and 6-8 metre seas and the navtex keeps telling us that loads of harbours are closed because of it !!.....definitely glad not to be there now.
Our crew (dad) departed while we were in Lagos so we are back to just the three of us again. Finn is currently sitting below doing school work with Vic, and I'm here in the cockpit in shorts and T-shirt, enjoying the warm morning sun on my back. It really was a good idea to winter further south !
Our (loose) plan from here is to day-hop along the coast - nothing too strenuous, hopefully - aiming to arrive at or near Gibraltar by the end of the month, where we intend to spend the winter.
Vic's mum and dad are flying out on sunday to stay with us for a few days, so that will be lovely as we've all missed friends and family. It looks like Wendy, Ian and Sam are coming out too in December - we cant wait.
The boat has behaved brilliantly and although we've had to motor sail far more than we ever thought we would, we are still running on Ipswich diesel !! Having enormous tanks does help - even if its going to hurt when we do eventually fill up - but we'll try to make it to Gibraltar where diesel is much cheaper before we do.
Anyway, thats it from me for now
Love to all our friends and family
Aid x
Comments
Vessel Name: Wild Alliance
Vessel Make/Model: Formosa 51 1979
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Adrian, Vicky & Finn
Extra: We have lived aboard for the last 5 years, first on our old yacht "AMP UK" and now on "Wild Alliance" since buying her in Nov 08. Improvements and upgrades have been made over that time and although she still needs lots of "cosmetic" TLC, the big job list is gradually getting shorter.......

The Danns Afloat !

Who: Adrian, Vicky & Finn
Port: Ipswich