Wild&Woolly (archives)

_______________________________ Check out our new adventures at sailblogs.com/member/gumnuts _______

05 June 2014
08 March 2014 | Continue to follow our journey ...
01 January 2014 | Check out the web link for details
01 January 2014 | Bar, Montenegro
27 September 2013 | Bari, old town.
27 September 2013 | Bar to Bari by ferry
26 September 2013
25 September 2013
24 September 2013
23 September 2013 | AD Marina, Bar, Montenegro
19 September 2013
18 September 2013
17 September 2013 | ACI Marina, Dubrovnik
16 September 2013 | Dubrovnik, Croatia
14 September 2013 | Slano and Mali Zaton (Near Dubrovnik)
13 September 2013
12 September 2013 | Korcula, Croatia
10 September 2013 | At anchor opposite Badija Monastery, Korcula
09 September 2013 | Palmizana

True love :)

21 July 2013 | Simandre, France
Many of you know Max, our dog ... And how sad we were that we couldn't take him with us on our adventure. Too many complications. He gets car sick let alone sea sick, he has long claws and would slip all over the place and of course he wouldn't know how to use the loo for number one's and number two's. So my brother, Alan, agreed to adopt our dear Max. The good news, is that Alan lives on a farm with horses, dogs, cats, ducks and geese. Turns out that our Max has become 'Big Mac' and as you can see from the picture they are both very happy.

She's back ...

16 June 2013 | Manoel Island Yacht Yard (still)
Yahoo, Shiree arrived safely on Thursday so we're back togther. She's been in Thailand getting our little 2 bedroom place ready for us to spend winters in. I know we're a sailing blog, but here's a picture of our new place.
Yes, we're still up the hard stand but making good progress on jobs. The new Raymarine equipment arrives Monday and all day Tuesday we should finally get to solve all our Raymarine problems, including the installation of new chart plotter and Crew Tags (AIS based man overboard devices that instantly send an alert when more than 30 feet from the base station). We also get back in the water at 11.45am on Monday. So next post will be a good one.

It's all a bit surreal ..

03 June 2013 | Malta
Finally retired ...
Shiree and I both flew out together on Saturday after a wonderful night saying goodbye to friends in Lagos. In Dubai, Shiree turned right and is presently in handover mode with our pool villa in Phuket. I've turned left and here I am in Malta to get the boat ready for cruising. Doesn't she look great? We get launched tomorrow morning at 9am. There's a sweepstake at work about how long I'll last before I come back to work ... It averages out at October this year! Little do they know that everything still feels so surreal at the moment. It's like I'm on the start of a three week holiday - they had better watch out ... Maybe it will be July! Nah, just kidding :)

Nearly There

22 April 2013 | Last few days at work
40 days till retirement ...
The time is flying and the countdown to my early retirement (on May 31st) is so close now it's not funny. When people ask me why I'm leaving so early I have to remind them of my genetic enhanced younger looks and that I'm already 58. If that doesn't work I point out that I've worked nearly 30 years for the company and 40 years working in total since leaving school halfway through my A levels.
Finally I like to say with some relish "I'm moving from work-life balance to WIFE-life balance!"
Of course,the real reason I'm leaving is so I can go sailing ... Any time anywhere!

We're official

07 March 2012
Great news. We've been accepted as members of the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia - the hosts of the Rolex Sydney to Hobart yacht race. That completes one of our dreams - to be proud to show off our boat name with the Aussie flag and the name of a great club on the hull. SO we're formal ...
"Wild & Woolly" CYCA, Sydney.

Cap'n Grub and DDD

09 February 2012 | Lagos in my armchair
So, one of us has 35,000 nautical miles of sailing experience and an RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate (shore based) and the other has 500 KnM or so and a newly acquired Day Skipper Certificate (practical) ... So, guess which one get's to be our authorized ICC (International Captain)? Yup! Shiree ... So now it's formal ... Cap'n Grub rules and the 'owner' goes by the name of DDD - Dastardly Decksrubbing Dub!
Vessel Name: Wild & Woolly
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau, Sense 43
Hailing Port: Sydney, Australia
Crew: Martin & Shiree
About:
We set sail from Antibes in 2012 in our wonderful new Sense 43 for a 5 year cruise of the Med. Cap'n Grub is skipper, having passed her RYA Day Skipper course the Dastardly Deckscrubbing Deckhand may have sailed halfway round the world and have a Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate ... [...]
Extra: If you want to keep following our adventures, check out www.sailblogs.com/member/gumnuts or www.gumnuts.info