Scandinavian Cruising

05 September 2015
05 September 2015
05 September 2015
18 January 2015 | Stavern
18 January 2015 | Kristiansand
17 January 2015 | Kristiansand
17 January 2015 | Egersund
17 January 2015 | Bergen
16 January 2015 | Bergen
16 January 2015 | Oban
16 January 2015 | Bergen
18 June 2013 | Bergen
02 April 2012
30 July 2011 | Bekkjarvik
12 July 2011 | Bergen
28 June 2011 | Bokn
27 June 2011 | Jæren
26 June 2011 | Høllen
25 June 2011 | Skagerrak

The race "Where everybody wins"

18 June 2011 | Elløs
William
The day turned out to be sunny, with a perfect wind around 7 ms. There had been som blows during the night, with a good swell outside. Therefore, the field was defined inside the archipelago.
We were lucky to have with us Olof from HR, who had had the responsibility for our boat during the construction. He is a very experienced sailor, and it turned out to be a day packed full of exciting sailing and a lot of helpful advice. Thank you very much Olof!
We had a good time out at sea, and decided to continue for a while rather than return to the harbour after rounding the last marker. A bit late for drinks, but worth it.
At evening there was dinner, and a huge amount of useful prizes, offered by Rassy himself. Since everybody won, everybody had at least one prize!
We had a wonderful time with our fellow "regattaists" and the people from Hallberg-Rassy, and intend to participate as often as possible. It is a long sail, though, from Bergen to Elløs, so it is impossible to make it every year. Some owners living around Oslo, however, take this trip frequently.
After dinner we had to lock up the boat and drive back to Bergen via Oslo. The reason for this was simply to get the car back home, and the plan was to fly back to Elløs over the weekend, for sailing the boat to Bergen.
The photo, by the way, was taken by Janet Norma Saugen, well known for writing (with her husband) about cruises along the Norwegian and Swedish coast.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mystery
Vessel Make/Model: Hallberg-Rassy 342
Hailing Port: Bergen
Crew: William Brochs-Haukedal, Inger-Johanne N. Haukedal
About:
William is professor in strategic management at the Norwegian School of Economics. He likes the sea, and prefers cruising before racing. He is married to Inger-Johanne, managing director at a psychiatric hospital in Bergen. [...]

Mystery crew

Who: William Brochs-Haukedal, Inger-Johanne N. Haukedal
Port: Bergen