Windancer IV

Windancer IV is a Lagoon 440 cruising catamaran. She is Hull# 001 and was purchased by the MacKenzie family in November, 2005 who took possession in Fort Lauderdale, Florida shortly after Hurricane Wilma. John MacKenzie, delivered the vessel to the B

19 July 2009 | Bahamas
18 June 2009 | Staniel Cay, Exumas
10 June 2009 | Stuat's Cove, New Providence, Bahamas
05 June 2009 | Allan Cay, Bahamas
04 June 2009 | Passage between Provo, T & C and Rum Cay, Bahamas
02 June 2009 | Turks and Caicos
26 May 2009 | USVI and BVI
25 May 2009 | BVI and USVI
23 May 2009 | Cooper Island, BVI
16 May 2009 | Passage from St Thomas to Nanny Cay
14 May 2009 | Charlotte's Amalie, St. Thomas
07 May 2009 | Sir Francis Drake Passage off Nanny Cay Marina
04 May 2009 | Barbuda
02 May 2009 | Dominica
30 April 2009 | Guadeloupe
26 April 2009 | St Maarten, WI
20 April 2009 | Carlisle Bay, Antigua, WI
19 April 2009 | Portsmouth, Dominica
18 April 2009 | Falmouth Harbour, Antigua, WI
17 April 2009 | Passage from Jolly Harbour to Carlisle Bay, Antigua

More Fishing Tales

26 May 2009 | USVI and BVI
Ziggy MacKenzie
Of course, no blog entry would be complete without the requisite fishing stories. Not sure what we have shared with you lately, here is a brief synopsis of the fishing tales on Windancer.

The King Mackerel - after 9 hours at sea with three lines out while sailing from St Maarten to the BVI, we forlornly brought in the lines as we entered into the North Sound sailing past Richard Branson's resort on Necker Island. As Jenny slowly wound the hand reel in, it suddenly lurched backwards, squishing her thumb between the reel and the life line. Connor was at hand and helped her recover the reel, and to everyone's surprise, we caught a fish in 100 feet of water with the line 30 feet from the stern. Now, needing John's help due to the size of the fish, we collectively reeled in a 28lb King Fish which fed us and a few of the dockhands in Leverick Bay for days.

The Day of 3 - sailing from St Thomas to Nanny Cay, with our lucky tuna feather and teaser on the hand line, we nabbed three tunny in the course of three hours, and effectively, put an end to England's chance in the International Fishing Derby.

Feeding Barracuda - while anchored in Cooper Island, one of Windancer's favorite spots for its clear water and amazing snorkeling off Cistern Rock, we were befriended by a mother of all barracuda's who hovered in the shade under our hulls. Bothering no swimmers, it was quite happy to be fed by Connor and Jordan who offered it live bait they had caught off the dock in Norman the day before. See the pics of the fish on a line, the barry and then the line with only a fish head remaining.

The Casting Rod - with our famous tuna feather and teaser on his casting rod, Connor trolled for tunny between Tortola and Salt Island. He hooked a three pounder and got a real taste of true fishing as he played the fish, letting it run, reeling in, subtle, slow movements all the while trying not to snap the line. (He was no so lucky as a larger fish of unknown size and species took hook, line and sinker and snapped the line as we entered Peter Island).

We have perfected Ahi Tuna, sushi, sashimi, fish fry which our English friends tell us, rivals the Chip Wagons of Birmingham, fish curry, and barbequed fish steaks. Could Fish Tacos be next, Fireman Dave?
Comments
Vessel Name: Windancer IV
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 440
Hailing Port: Edmonton, Canada
Crew: John MacKenzie
About: John, Ziggy, Connor and Jennifer MacKenzie
Extra: Setting Sail May, 2008 for our "extended cruise"....
Home Page: www.sailblogs.com/member/windancer

S/V Windancer IV

Who: John MacKenzie
Port: Edmonton, Canada
Windancer IV - Side Block
Custom Footer