Windraker Sailing

Format 400 Catamaran

Anti Paxos, Two rock Bay to Preveza

After Paxos we spend two nights at anti paxos which is small island south of Paxos
We anchored off at the east side with lies room to swing on anchor. Thomas liked the adventure of putting the two lines ashore from the stern and then when Windraker was secure we explored the island to the light house. Next morning we found ourselves with the wind cros way which was uncomfortable and pulled anchor and lines at 7 in the morning. We motored to the east side where we anchored again and lines ashore. Took the dinghy and explored the caves and underwater sealife.
As suggested by my friend David from Apataki we sealed and motored to two rock bay. Probably our favourite now because of busty and absence of tourists motor boats.We stayed here for two nights and sailed south to Preveza anchoridge. We had up to gust of 24 knots downwind with parasailor reaching 9 knots.Would not have don theirs with a spinnaker or my old trimaran Fly but everything seamed stable and secure and the parasailor spinnaker only seen 12 knot of wind, this has become my favourite sail, there are some things that cargo wrong with rigging up but if you follow procedure and double check it is easy to do.After that we anchored in murky water of preveza we were spoiled with the christal clear waters up to now.
Anchoring we have learned a lot and Thomas has been my Anchor man literally.
The problem with the anchor locker is that it is too shallow it should be twice the height to avoid anchor heaping up to the windlass obstructing the chain on inconvenient moments.
We now when we pull in the anchor lay the chain in lines so when lowering less change of heaping up.
We for the first time did a Mediterranean mooring at the town key with lowering ing the anchor 5 ships length from the key driving backwards without putting tension on the chain, attached the two lines at the stern to the key and then tension the chain.
First time it went wrong and we we not able to pay out quick enough and had to do it again. More luck second time and I am glad I spliced 50 meter rope on the 50 meter chain as we used it all. Our next door neighbour Richard helped us with lines and gave us some inside info on the cruising area and support of local technician should we need it.
I am seriously thinking of changing my galvanised chain with stainless as specially single handed anchoring in thighs spaces let alone town quays.

Today kids go back after a 3,5 weeks cruising from Croatia Montenegro to Greece and they had a great time.

Comments