Windraker Sailing

Format 400 Catamaran

Bay of pigs and two rock bay

Yes indeed windraker is freed from the preveza town quay with all the night time noice and hustle and bustle.
When we left there were some serious uprooting to do and also some leaving the quay anxietity but all was overcome and set sail (motor) 5 miles into the bay inland of preveza, it has got a name but pointless to mention it here as it is impronouncible.
The first new windlass test was pulling anchor at preveza and almost all anchor chain fitted without pushing the anchor heap over.
You might think why is going on about that but for single handed sailing you need to be able to trust all systems on you boat and stuck anchor chain can become very inconvenient if you have to deal with high winds.
The inland bay we motored in and anchored in a sheltered bay north of vonitsa.
This bay seem to be one of the nicer ones, but they did not tell me about the pig farm, where pig squeeling could be heard, not sure whether they were fed or slaughtered, could not make out the difference, hope it was the first. Next day I dinghied out to Vonitsa town for a coffee and on the way back found a nice boat for my friend Gerhard who is urgently looking for a catamaran. Unfortunately the 82 year old owner who had it for sale wanted it not to sell this year but some time in the future, wonder why people put for sale on their boat, probably to keep the missus happy.
Anyway back to preveza again for some more noise torture but at anchor in the bay which is a lot more palletable.
Friday after some shopping and a coffee set sail to two rock bay again expecting a beating against the westerly from 1300, and whoever arranges the weather here does it with Greeman precision, been going on for weeks now light east breeze in morning and a 15 to 20 in after noon and someone turns it off before they go home at dusk when they are of for a meal at the missus. Job wise I am running out of them , could sand and varnish the cockpit table, but also plan to do a diving course in Lanka.
Oh and the knee has recovered still a bit sensitive. No more cycling on this too small for me folding push bike.

Comments