Windraker Sailing

Format 400 Catamaran

Lakka bay on Paxos

When leaving two rock bay early morning Windraker was canvased with main and the big screecher light wind sail ready for the action. That lasted only an hour of so and the iron sail had to come into action, arriving in Lakka bay at north of Paxos island before 12 it was still quite in the anchoridge and anchoring was easy. Thereafter all other boats streamed in with a Italian anchoring in front of me only 5 meters away. He asked if I could put more chain out but to congested to increase my turning circle in relation to the other boats. As the wind piped up he had to move which he did as he almost hit another boat. As I was going to do a diving course and away from the boat I decided to moor stern to to the rocks. As majority left at 11 in the morning so I made my move and reanchored and put two sternlines ashore securing the boat for next coming days. I must say tension had been building up in my head performing this solo. But I just put anchor out and motored backwards and putting two stern lines secured onto the rocks by diving off the boat with one engine slow astern to keep it in position. All went fine and the first diving course felt like peanuts. After 4 dives and a online theory learning course I can now call myself open water diver up to 14 meters depth. I must say snorkeling which I did today I see more marine life then with scuba diving but it was a good experience.

Comments