SV Windrifter42

Vessel Name: Windrifter
Vessel Make/Model: Westsail 42
Hailing Port: Portland, Maine
22 September 2014 | Boston, Massachusetts
22 September 2014 | Boston, Massachusetts
13 April 2014 | Charlestown
16 December 2013 | Boston, Massachusetts
03 October 2013 | Boston
03 October 2013 | Boston, Massachusetts
23 April 2013 | Boston, MA
23 April 2013 | Boston, MA
28 January 2013 | Boston, MA
28 January 2013 | Boston, MA
28 January 2013 | Boston, MA
04 December 2012 | Boston, MA
04 December 2012 | Boston, MA
28 November 2012 | Boston, MA
28 November 2012 | Boston, MA
18 October 2012 | Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, MA
18 October 2012 | Boston, MA
01 September 2012 | Boothbay, Maine
01 September 2012 | Boothbay, Maine
Recent Blog Posts
22 September 2014 | Boston, Massachusetts

Ah! New Bottom Paint

We just repainted the bottom, finally switching from the dull-but-functional black to bright and flashy and hopefully also functional red.

22 September 2014 | Boston, Massachusetts

Boston Harbor

Here we are sailing down Boston Harbor. Photo courtesy of Ben Carey of Sailing Simplicity http://sailingsimplicity.com. Thanks, Ben!

13 April 2014 | Charlestown

Spring Arrives

After a bitter winter, we big goodbuy to our shrinkwrap for another year

16 December 2013 | Boston, Massachusetts

Shrinkwrap season again

Weather is getting colder ...

03 October 2013 | Boston

PlanetSolar Visits Boston

Earlier this year we were fortunate to visit onboard the PlanetSolar boat when she called in Boston. She is the first boat to circumnavigate entirely solar powered with electric engines.

03 October 2013 | Boston, Massachusetts

July 4 - Turning Around the U.S.S. Constitution

"Old Ironsides" out for her July 4th trip to greet well-wishers and to turn her in her berth.

Bequia

18 July 2011 | Admiralty Bay, Bequia
What a lovely week in Bequia, a small island part of St. Vincent and the Grenadines –known as SVG locally. Luckily the tropical storms have held off so we have been able to spend a whole week here – I think the longest we have spent anywhere since Florida. We took a tour of the island with two three other couples and got to see the island from all sides and the highest point (Mount Pleasant). We also visited the Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary and the Bequia Whaling Museum. (Whaling was originally brought to the island by a Scotsman named Wallace from Nantucket.) We have also wandered in town visiting the hardware store, marine supply store and bookshop (our equivalent to going to the mall).

On Saturday (thanks to my brother David) I got to Skype with my mom for the first time. It was so much better than the satellite phone. We could talk as long as we wanted and actually get to see each other. I am hoping we will get to do this again once we are in Grenada.

John is getting lots of exercise by leading a yoga class for some of the local cruisers – sans me. He led one session on Saturday and everybody requested he do another session today. He left this morning with three yoga mats, sunblock and bug spray – sounds like a great time. I am enjoying getting my exercise on the water. In Bequia I have been able to swim off the boat (with turtles nearby), kayak to the beach and go snorkeling (with Barb and Stew). This is some of the best snorkeling since Conception Island in the Bahamas.

We are enjoyed spending time with Barb and Stew from La Luna (our former Portland neighbors - her blog at “hartsatsea.typepad.com” is a must read). Last night the crews of La Luna and Windrifter got together for a long session of Mexican Train dominos – lasting until almost 1 a.m. With all this fun, there we now have chores to be done. Today we will get water, food and get our laundry done. Okay … they make things really easy here in Bequia. This morning I called Daffodil Services and they will bring water to the boat and pick up my laundry – which will be returned (washed and folded) around 4:30 p.m. We think Winfield and Morrison (we hired them to do some varnishing on the boat) will finish their work today or tomorrow – and depending on the weather we will head out sometime during the weekend. Bequia will be hard to leave, but I am sure we will come back on our trip north.
Comments

About & Links

SailBlogs Groups