SV Windrifter42

Vessel Name: Windrifter
Vessel Make/Model: Westsail 42
Hailing Port: Portland, Maine
22 September 2014 | Boston, Massachusetts
22 September 2014 | Boston, Massachusetts
13 April 2014 | Charlestown
16 December 2013 | Boston, Massachusetts
03 October 2013 | Boston
03 October 2013 | Boston, Massachusetts
23 April 2013 | Boston, MA
23 April 2013 | Boston, MA
28 January 2013 | Boston, MA
28 January 2013 | Boston, MA
28 January 2013 | Boston, MA
04 December 2012 | Boston, MA
04 December 2012 | Boston, MA
28 November 2012 | Boston, MA
28 November 2012 | Boston, MA
18 October 2012 | Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, MA
18 October 2012 | Boston, MA
01 September 2012 | Boothbay, Maine
01 September 2012 | Boothbay, Maine
Recent Blog Posts
22 September 2014 | Boston, Massachusetts

Ah! New Bottom Paint

We just repainted the bottom, finally switching from the dull-but-functional black to bright and flashy and hopefully also functional red.

22 September 2014 | Boston, Massachusetts

Boston Harbor

Here we are sailing down Boston Harbor. Photo courtesy of Ben Carey of Sailing Simplicity http://sailingsimplicity.com. Thanks, Ben!

13 April 2014 | Charlestown

Spring Arrives

After a bitter winter, we big goodbuy to our shrinkwrap for another year

16 December 2013 | Boston, Massachusetts

Shrinkwrap season again

Weather is getting colder ...

03 October 2013 | Boston

PlanetSolar Visits Boston

Earlier this year we were fortunate to visit onboard the PlanetSolar boat when she called in Boston. She is the first boat to circumnavigate entirely solar powered with electric engines.

03 October 2013 | Boston, Massachusetts

July 4 - Turning Around the U.S.S. Constitution

"Old Ironsides" out for her July 4th trip to greet well-wishers and to turn her in her berth.

Romeo's Fan Club

22 August 2011 | Port Louis Marina, Grenada
Can a long-haired Maine Coon Cat find happiness in the hot tropics? We think so. Romeo is gathering quite a fan club here at Port Louis. It seems that most of the "regular" cats in Grenada are sort of on the plain side - very skinny, on the small side and definitely lacking in the hair department. The local folks who work for the marina or on the local Sunsail charters are amazed at Romeo's size and furriness, and big feet. They have even come back with friends to show off the cat that looks a little like a lion. Recently one couple that had to leave their cats at home - offered to take him off to their home on Carriacou (a very exclusive swanky island to our north) and give him a home with air conditioning. I think I saw Romeo saying to me - "well would you really miss me for a few months." I said we came as a pair - sorry John - its air conditioning what would you do. Romeo's other fans are the local boat kids - again I expect they are missing pets left behind at home. There are usually four or five kids and they come to talk with him while he hangs out on the dock. One of the girls asked if she could take Romeo for a walk (after seeing me take him for a short stroll). I said sure and she was very careful. She came back and said could she walk him again the next day at 5 p.m. I said yes - and she arrived promptly at exactly five - and off they went - and again the next day. Romeo is now glowing in his new found friend.
Comments

About & Links

SailBlogs Groups