S/V Windsong II

07 April 2014
07 April 2014
07 April 2014
07 April 2014 | Mermaid Reef
05 April 2014 | Marsh Harbour Marina
04 April 2014 | Sea of Abaco
26 March 2014 | Whale Cay Passage
24 March 2014 | Marsh Harbour
16 March 2014 | anchored out Marsh Harbour
13 March 2014
13 March 2014
13 March 2014
13 March 2014
13 March 2014

In Marsh Harbour

16 March 2014 | anchored out Marsh Harbour
Bob & Sherry
We left Green Turtle Cay yesterday morning in light winds ready to brave the Whale Passage. This is the area where the most lives have been lost in the Bahamas. Under certain conditions, there can be a "rage" with large breaking waves. You have to watch the weather and tides carefully and choose a safe time to go through. Before we left some boats ahead radioed to us that the passage was good. And it was quiet for us.

We left the Little Bahamas Banks through the Whale (this means that we went out into the ocean for about 45 minutes). The colour of the water changed again to deeper blue and we had six feet seas, but the waves were spaced well apart so it was comfortable. We reentered the Banks through the Ships Channel Passage. It was then a calm two hour voyage across the Sea of Abaco to Marsh Harbour.

We travelled with our buddy boat Casey Dee, captained by Mike Mahon. Once we got to Marsh Harbour, we dropped anchor outside the Jib Room (with Sherry and Bob working successfully together i.e. no shouting!). Mike introduced us to all his friends at the Jib Room and we had a wonderful meal (it was steak BBQ night) and watched Jason do a very low limbo under a fiery limbo bar.

Today we dinghied to a lovely little restaurant on the other side of the harbour to use the Internet and put up this post. We added a bunch of new pics to the galleries so check them out if you feel like it.
Comments
Vessel Name: Windsong II
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 356
Hailing Port: Ottawa Canada
Crew: Bob, Sherry, Charles
About: We enjoy living aboard our winter home with our Westie.

Captain and crew

Who: Bob, Sherry, Charles
Port: Ottawa Canada