Voyages

These are the voyages of the sailing vessel, Wings.

19 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
15 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
13 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
11 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
07 September 2023 | Apooiti Bay
03 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
02 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
31 August 2023 | Haamene Bay, Taha'a
29 August 2023 | Relais Mehana Hotel, Huahine
26 August 2023 | Fare, Huahine
19 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
13 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
11 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay mooring field
08 August 2023
08 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay, Raiatea
05 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
01 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
31 July 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
28 July 2023 | Orion Guest House

On the hard

10 October 2010 | Petersburg, on the hard
Soaking Bill
Here we are, on the hard. John Murgas' expertise has continued to amaze us. The boat is level and stable, and we are now powered with AC. We have no internet, but can't complain about that. With AC we have lights and heat, a reasonable trade-off. John will use five jack stands per side, plus one at bow and stern. The five on the sides will be chained together so that they can't move. The boat is also resting on an "EPA" pad that traps washing detritus and such so that it doesn't get into the water table. In spring, we can do our hull sanding and painting on the pad, then the pad gets disposed. The sander that we're required to use has HEPA filters that trap all dust. It's the first time that we've seen such an eco-friendly operation.

John also loaned us his old vehicle to go into town. In the time it took me to bathe, Conni was able to make the rounds for needed supplies. It's another example of how kind this guy is.

We've decided that we're ready to go home: it's cold and rainy all the time and not fit for sightseeing. I'd like to bathe in my own bathroom and turn off the water on my own time. I'd know whose feet had trod that bathroom floor other than mine. Public restrooms and showers are wonderful, but just not the same as home.

I hesitate in mentioning this, but we're also looking forward to Cabo's heat. It's been cold and rainy for so many days that we dream of deep heat and sunshine. I know it decadent, but there you have it. I'm also sure that the cats will appreciate returning to their stable life in which the house does not rock.
Comments
Vessel Name: Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: Anchorage, Alaska
Crew: William Ennis and Constance Livsey
About: We've been married since 1991, and both retired from our respective jobs (teacher and attorney) after long careers. We live in the most exotic of the United States: Alaska. We cruise on Wings for half the year, enjoying our home state the other part of the year.
Extra:
We've sailed Wings Southward from Alaska since August, 2010. We joined the BajaHaha from SoCal to Mexico in 2012. We joined the Pacific Puddle Jump in 2013 and crossed the Pacific Ocean. Wings "over-summered" in French Polynesia. We continued our journey through western French Polynesia, [...]
Home Page: http://svwings.com
Wings's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.