Voyages

These are the voyages of the sailing vessel, Wings.

19 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
15 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
13 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
11 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
07 September 2023 | Apooiti Bay
03 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
02 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
31 August 2023 | Haamene Bay, Taha'a
29 August 2023 | Relais Mehana Hotel, Huahine
26 August 2023 | Fare, Huahine
19 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
13 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
11 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay mooring field
08 August 2023
08 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay, Raiatea
05 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
01 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
31 July 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
28 July 2023 | Orion Guest House

Leaving Wings

14 October 2010 | Petersburg and Anchorage
Drying Bill
It did start to rain Tuesday evening, as predicted. Although we had most items off the boat, there were odds and ends that required some outside work, and all was done in driving rain and wind. We also found diesel fuel in the bilge, so we have a moderate fuel leak somewhere in the system. We closed off the main fuel valves, hoping that the leak was in the old neoprene fuel lines.

How did we know we had a leak in the bilge? The bilge pump failed! Some analysis determined that the bilge pump was working, but the hose to the through-hull was clogged with heaven-knows-what and the pump itself had come loose from its moorings and was lying on its side in the bilge. Sigh.

The forward head tank sea cock is also clogged, so that will require some work next Spring, too.

With the boat necessarily in upheaval to get cushions away from the wet walls, tools and gear everywhere, and various projects being accomplished, we could barely move in the boat, and it was blowing a gale outside. We hated to even contemplate a potty break: suit up in rain gear, crawl out from under the cover, experience blowing rain and become instantly soaked, make it over the transom and onto the ladder, down to ground. Those last twenty-four hours on the boat were anything but fun. The poor cats were in a travel box and handed down over the transom and carried down the ladder in pouring rain. Our cats decidedly do not like rain!

John Margus generously loaned his truck to us, requiring that he ride a bicycle out to the airport to retrieve it. How nice was that? Conni, cats, and I in the cab, gear in the bed, and off to the airport. We had a lovely flight home via Juneau, though. We flew on the coast through clear skies. If you know Alaska, you know what that flight was like, seeing the glaciers, huge inlets, and mile after mile of mountain all the way to Denali and Foraker. It was a spectacular homecoming.
Comments
Vessel Name: Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: Anchorage, Alaska
Crew: William Ennis and Constance Livsey
About: We've been married since 1991, and both retired from our respective jobs (teacher and attorney) after long careers. We live in the most exotic of the United States: Alaska. We cruise on Wings for half the year, enjoying our home state the other part of the year.
Extra:
We've sailed Wings Southward from Alaska since August, 2010. We joined the BajaHaha from SoCal to Mexico in 2012. We joined the Pacific Puddle Jump in 2013 and crossed the Pacific Ocean. Wings "over-summered" in French Polynesia. We continued our journey through western French Polynesia, [...]
Home Page: http://svwings.com
Wings's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.