Voyages

These are the voyages of the sailing vessel, Wings.

19 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
15 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
13 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
11 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
07 September 2023 | Apooiti Bay
03 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
02 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
31 August 2023 | Haamene Bay, Taha'a
29 August 2023 | Relais Mehana Hotel, Huahine
26 August 2023 | Fare, Huahine
19 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
13 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
11 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay mooring field
08 August 2023
08 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay, Raiatea
05 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
01 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
31 July 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
28 July 2023 | Orion Guest House

Tickets to AK!

27 July 2011 | Oakland, CA
Bill, happy!
We're going home! Just before Tuesday midnight, Conni purchased our tickets! The current plan is to have the TraveLift lift the boat and leave her suspended on Thursday night. I'll paint the areas that were covered by the cradle pads and any other areas, then we'll splash the boat on Friday morning. If all goes well, the crew at Svendsen's will step the mast on Friday, and we'll step aboard a flight to Anchorage next Wednesday. It's likely that we'll be prepared to step the mast on Friday, so it can be moved to Monday, allowing more time to complete the mast preparation task, but the travel schedule remains the same. Jeez, we've been working here on the boat for four weeks, now. I want to go home!

Two new coats bottom paint are on her. The new transducer is installed but cable not run to the cockpit. The forward head sea cock is installed. There is all new hose in that head. An unused transducer hole is filled. The mast and boom are painted and were returned to us on Monday. We re-caulked the chain plates (the attachment points for the rigging that supports the mast). Conni sweated for a day to clean the hull of yellow water stain and general mung, so it looks great. With luck, a new forwar-looking sonar transducer will arrive today and I'll install it tomorrow, but will not have time to run cable to the cockpit.

We still have a great deal of work to do to re-install all the hardware on the mast: we must re-wire it, install all the fittings, and run all the lines. Conni's dad will help since he is a retired machinist and "chasing threads", that is, clearing the threads for new machine screws, is something that he can easily do and that will help us a great deal.

We also have tickets to return to Oakland in six weeks. That will give us a week to get ready to take the boat to San Diego and ready her for the Baja Haha to Cabo San Lucas, with plenty of contingency and sight-seeing along the way. In late October we take on two crew, friends Jerry and Nancy Wurtzbuaer, and head to Mexico with the Haha rally.

Yesterday, we also closed a deal to for a two-month home for Wings here in Alameda: Fortman Marina. http://www.fortman.com/about_fortman.html
Comments
Vessel Name: Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: Anchorage, Alaska
Crew: William Ennis and Constance Livsey
About: We've been married since 1991, and both retired from our respective jobs (teacher and attorney) after long careers. We live in the most exotic of the United States: Alaska. We cruise on Wings for half the year, enjoying our home state the other part of the year.
Extra:
We've sailed Wings Southward from Alaska since August, 2010. We joined the BajaHaha from SoCal to Mexico in 2012. We joined the Pacific Puddle Jump in 2013 and crossed the Pacific Ocean. Wings "over-summered" in French Polynesia. We continued our journey through western French Polynesia, [...]
Home Page: http://svwings.com
Wings's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.