Voyages

These are the voyages of the sailing vessel, Wings.

19 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
15 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
13 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
11 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
07 September 2023 | Apooiti Bay
03 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
02 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
31 August 2023 | Haamene Bay, Taha'a
29 August 2023 | Relais Mehana Hotel, Huahine
26 August 2023 | Fare, Huahine
19 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
13 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
11 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay mooring field
08 August 2023
08 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay, Raiatea
05 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
01 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
31 July 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
28 July 2023 | Orion Guest House

One day to go

24 March 2013 | Marina Palmira, La Paz, Mexico
Very tired Bill
One night remaining. It's hard to imagine. Almost impossible to imagine, really.

The whisker pole arrived today! Hurray! This was the last thing to keep us here. Our TIP agent brought it to us in her boyfriend's car. We haven't paid yet, but at least the damned thing is aboard.

We got the fuel can racks almost finished. Conni and Chip completed a single coat of Cetol gloss, the stuff with which we coat the other layers of varnish. It improves the longevity of the underlaying varnish and adds to the gloss of the cap rail.

I climbed the mast this after and spent 2-1/2 hours sitting in my climbing harness installing our radar reflector. We bought it several years ago and I've managed to dodge the job of installing it. The brackets have eight fasteners and we always drill and tap rather than use screws. So, hanging in my sit harness, I marked, drilled, and tapped eight holes and fastened the damn thing. I only broke one tap in the install, so there are seven of the eight machine screws in place. We have a radar reflector!

We also got the engine's fuel system bled. That is, we removed the air that was trapped in the fuel lines. Diesel's use highly compressed fuel to squirt into the cylinder, so having compressible air is a bad idea. It took us a while, since we had some odd fuel leaks, but I removed the injector tubes and finally got things adjusted correctly. We have a functioning engine.

Early this morning, we hoisted Conni to the top of the mast and she re-installed the two wind instruments: the powered Raymarine one and the simple Windex, non-powered device.

So, we did get a lot of tasks completed. We have a few more, but most could, if needed, be delayed.

The La Paz health inspector will be here at 9:30 AM to inspect us, then we'll get our zarpe to leave.

Wish us well.
Comments
Vessel Name: Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: Anchorage, Alaska
Crew: William Ennis and Constance Livsey
About: We've been married since 1991, and both retired from our respective jobs (teacher and attorney) after long careers. We live in the most exotic of the United States: Alaska. We cruise on Wings for half the year, enjoying our home state the other part of the year.
Extra:
We've sailed Wings Southward from Alaska since August, 2010. We joined the BajaHaha from SoCal to Mexico in 2012. We joined the Pacific Puddle Jump in 2013 and crossed the Pacific Ocean. Wings "over-summered" in French Polynesia. We continued our journey through western French Polynesia, [...]
Home Page: http://svwings.com
Wings's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.