Voyages

These are the voyages of the sailing vessel, Wings.

19 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
15 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
13 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
11 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
07 September 2023 | Apooiti Bay
03 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
02 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
31 August 2023 | Haamene Bay, Taha'a
29 August 2023 | Relais Mehana Hotel, Huahine
26 August 2023 | Fare, Huahine
19 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
13 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
11 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay mooring field
08 August 2023
08 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay, Raiatea
05 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
01 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
31 July 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
28 July 2023 | Orion Guest House

The Plan and Conni Leaves

07 May 2015 | Vuda Marina, Fiji
Lonely Bill
Conni left us yesterday. Yes, I knew that it was coming, we both did, but it was difficult, nevertheless. She had two blue boxes full of stuff that we didn't need on the boat, her own duffle of clothing, and her backpack, all of which ensured that she'd have lots of luggage to slow her progress through the various airport between Nadi International and Ted Stevens International.

John bought us dinner at the Boatshed Bar last night to cheer me and it did that. It was nice to get out of the boat for a while and it was SO hot yesterday with not a puff of breeze to cool anything. Thanks, John.

As mentioned, the engine head was being pressure tested and we found out yesterday that there was no leak. Whew! Another bullet dodged. The machine shop will surface the bottom of the head. The side of the head that touched the engine block was warped by 3/1000 mm and to allow the best possible seal with the engine block top, they'll grind off that amount of metal to make it flat: they'll "surface" the head. Paul, the manager of the Yacht Help yard crew, will allow me to travel to Lautoka and fetch the head and actually talk to the machinist. Paul also says that he's got all of the supplies and Ritesh the mechanic will be here early, and the plan is to get the head back on and re-assemble the engine by early afternoon and then take the boat for a spin to check things. With luck, that will go well and we'll move the boat to the fuel dock to refill the starboard tank that we emptied after cleaning it. We're ready to go, otherwise.

Tomorrow, we officially check out of Fiji and have one hour to leave the marina, and 48 hours to leave the country. Sheesh, not ready to dump us are they?

We'll have all of our fuel aboard, all the gas for the outboard and generator, water tanks filled, safety lines deployed and we'll take our paperwork and head to Tonga.

I love you Conni. More later.
Comments
Vessel Name: Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: Anchorage, Alaska
Crew: William Ennis and Constance Livsey
About: We've been married since 1991, and both retired from our respective jobs (teacher and attorney) after long careers. We live in the most exotic of the United States: Alaska. We cruise on Wings for half the year, enjoying our home state the other part of the year.
Extra:
We've sailed Wings Southward from Alaska since August, 2010. We joined the BajaHaha from SoCal to Mexico in 2012. We joined the Pacific Puddle Jump in 2013 and crossed the Pacific Ocean. Wings "over-summered" in French Polynesia. We continued our journey through western French Polynesia, [...]
Home Page: http://svwings.com
Wings's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.