Voyages

These are the voyages of the sailing vessel, Wings.

19 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
15 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
13 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
11 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
07 September 2023 | Apooiti Bay
03 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
02 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
31 August 2023 | Haamene Bay, Taha'a
29 August 2023 | Relais Mehana Hotel, Huahine
26 August 2023 | Fare, Huahine
19 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
13 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
11 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay mooring field
08 August 2023
08 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay, Raiatea
05 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
01 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
31 July 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
28 July 2023 | Orion Guest House

Huahine!

19 June 2015 | Huahine Yacht Club
Happy Bill!
We're on a new island! We've not visited Huahine before, even though it's in the Tahiti-Moorea-Raiatea-Tahaa-Bora-Bora circuit. They've eschewed the Bora Bora economy in favor of a quiet lifestyle with fewer accoutrements for tourists. Some cruisers arrive, of course, and they have services for a few of those, but nothing like Bora Bora.

We arrived yesterday afternoon after a 10 hour motor/sail from Bora Bora. We actually made it through the reef in light! Conni had the helm and after a quick tour, we dropped the hook in 35-feet of water, had hors de ouvres and cocktails, then dinner. It was a pleasant night. A Frenchman in an Amel (of course, since he's French) dinghies to us as we were hunting for an anchor location and told us to anchor in a place to seaward of him.

This morning, the wind and seas picked up and we decided to find a new anchorage. After a fruitless search, we returned to the same area but a mooring buoy had been vacated and we grabbed it. Lovely!

We're sitting in the (you guessed it) Huahine Yacht Club drinking beer and looking at the place. It is lovely and I can see and count 12 other sailboats out here. They're not bunched, of course, but they're out there. Personally, I think that we have the premier place, but I hope to post a photo of the boat; you decide.

Conni has us signed up for Internet from a company that advertises itself as being French Polynesia-wide, even as far East as Rangiroa and Fakarava, on our route this time. Sounds good to me.

We're having these odd North winds. For those who went with me from Fiji, don't we wish that we had had North winds? Jeez. They're supposed to kick up to 20-25 kts tonight, but our location offers some protection from them. We're open to seas from the pass, of course, but with the wind pushing our bow to leeward, the seas are breaking on our stern quarter: livable.

We on being here in Huahine for 4 days, leaving on Tuesday and sailing to Fakarava, a 3 day sail. Predictions seems good for that trip.

Will get photos uploaded as I can. Time and bandwidth may limit what I can do. Thanks for your patience.
Comments
Vessel Name: Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: Anchorage, Alaska
Crew: William Ennis and Constance Livsey
About: We've been married since 1991, and both retired from our respective jobs (teacher and attorney) after long careers. We live in the most exotic of the United States: Alaska. We cruise on Wings for half the year, enjoying our home state the other part of the year.
Extra:
We've sailed Wings Southward from Alaska since August, 2010. We joined the BajaHaha from SoCal to Mexico in 2012. We joined the Pacific Puddle Jump in 2013 and crossed the Pacific Ocean. Wings "over-summered" in French Polynesia. We continued our journey through western French Polynesia, [...]
Home Page: http://svwings.com
Wings's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.