30 July 2019 | Marina Taina
William Ennis | middle 70s
We got the entire bilge painted with another coat of epoxy paint, and the "trough" forward of it. It looks nice and white, clean, and Conni and I hope that it remains so.
Interestingly, Conni and I had determined that with the engine out and the transmission facing outward, we could easily determine where the measurement went wrong that resulted in the engine feet being much too tall. That caused the entire problem since we had to remove material from the stringers to compensate. I discussed the problem with Adrian and after he made the measurements himself, he confirmed that it was his guy's error to blame, and not Beta's fabrication error.
The Team (Adrian, Gabriel, me) replaced the angle steel, fastened it, and set the engine in place. After some to-do, we got the alignment spot on, so we've got that right, finally. Paradoxically, we had to raise the engine a bit on all 4 corners.
We confirmed that the locations that we had marked for the motor mounts were correct, so Adriana and Gabriel removed the angle steel to drill the holes for the lag screws and drill and tap the holes for the motor mounts.
When those tasks were complete, back came the angle steel to be caulked and attached into place. We got that done and called it a day.
With ANY luck, we'll mount the engine tomorrow. Just imagine...