Worship Sailing

Mission sailing adventures

10 September 2023 | Livingston, Guatemala
21 August 2023 | Islamorada Florida
30 June 2023 | Marsh Harbor, Abaco
04 June 2023 | Tahiti Beach , Elbow Cay , Bahamas
29 May 2023 | Sea of Abaco
12 August 2022 | Sea of Abaco
25 June 2022 | Man O War Cay
04 June 2022 | Marsh Harbor Bahamas
28 May 2022 | Marsh Harbor Abaco, Bahamas
23 May 2022 | Bimini
01 May 2022 | Islamorada Florida
30 April 2022 | Yucatan Channel
28 April 2022 | Departing Guatemala
11 December 2021
15 November 2021 | P. G. Belize
11 November 2021 | Guatemala

Salido Rio Dulce

22 January 2015 | Livingston Guatemala
sunny gg
Guatemala Time
Our time on the river was fast and furious, the allure of the area has kept us in motion seeing the vast differences of a beautiful country. Departing the Rio Dulce is sweet and sour due to the adventure ahead which is sweetness anticipated. The sour is sweetness soon to be past as we are leaving people we love and Gods beautiful creation of lush vegetation filled with boundless color from the art of her people.

As we visit in the village of Ensenda [ the location of Blue Water Surrenders future children’s home ] we find baby Treasure [ who was born and abandoned on the property in Ensenda ] safe, happy and growing in the arms of her new family. You can see the love in Papa Nelsons eyes as he looks at the precious gift left in his wife’s Gladys arms several weeks ago. They have named her Melanie and Aldolpho who is nine smiles quite comfortably with the new addition to their family.

Arising early enabled us to drive to Casa Hogar Ahicam [ foster home ] a couple hours away in Popgun to finish some repairs we started in November for the children’s house. Today the toddlers were playing happy and free and mid day the younger girls came prancing in the hallway showing off their pretty dresses and shoes looking very lovely as they returned from school. I especially enjoyed seeing their happiness in their every day life which is beautiful as they are met with much love. Papa Veto and Mama Coney are the house parents of Casa Hogar Ahicam. They have open arms and hearts to house at times over 54 children who find safe refuge here.

Blue Water Surrender sees the difference in the lives of these children because of love, hope and provision. We invite you to our annual fundraiser at Bud & Mary’s Marina on May 2, 2015 to be the difference and change the lives of many more children who are suffering from poverty, abuse, and desperation. 100 percent of your donations go directly to provide for the children.

With much rain prior to arriving the Rio Dulce where mission vessel Adonai has been docked a good cleaning is necessary . Mold here on the Rio Dulce is as common as iguanas in the Florida Keys. With elbow grease and the help of Maria, Adonai gleams in her beauty once again ready to greet all who care to come aboard and partake in our mission to the children.

Its time to depart and return to our home port of Tavernier Florida and prepare for the summer. Adonai part of Bahamas Sea Base High Adventure Program fleet working with the Boys Scouts of America. The scouts come and live aboard experiencing the sea while learning to sail. They grow in leadership, team work and life skills.

January 21 winding down the Rio it is a peaceful day engulfed in the presence of nature the river winds for 22 miles at one point cutting through sheer cliffs. Every so often a yellow butterfly invades the immensity of the overflowing green foliage bellowing along the shores. At the mouth of the river is Livingston where we will clear customs. Captain Ted is guided by Kippis who works the water front keeping your dingy safe along with pointing you in the right direction. Eight years ago we first arrived the river here and bought a flag from Kippis and that started our friendship. With Ted checking us out Marion and I complete the final shopping. “Half way up the hill on the left is my favorite, fresh coconut rolls ! ” The street is busy street filled with vendors and people milling around. As we depart down the steep hill back to the dock on the water front into our dingy we wave to Kippis in hopes of seeing him next year.

Bumping across the sandbar the tide is low Adonai heads out to sea with Ted , Gail and Marion aboard. You can smell the salt air and feel the coolness of the sea. A slight chop is on the water and if weather holds it will be a good night. As the sun falls behind the horizon the moon is soon to follow. Underway the darkness changes into luminous stars giving vision as Adonai makes way.

Comments
Vessel Name: Veinto Azul
Vessel Make/Model: 47
Hailing Port: Tavernier Fl U S A
Crew: Ted & Gail Gordon
Extra: WorshipSailing Adventures
Home Page: worshipsailing.com
Social:
Veinto Azul's Photos - Gaberiella Voyage of Faith (Main)
Photos 1 to 60 of 60
1
Christmas: Santa in the Village
Family on hill: Friends in Ezmeralda
Tree top: Awesome Tree
Girl in Guarita: Beautiful Native Mayan
gg with pina: Good day shopping
Rio Aguas Caliente: Favorite Spot in Guatemala
music house: Music mans house
Funny Pig: Walking friends
IMG_3426: Tree flower in Town
7:4:07 Natalie: Celestial Navigation
gg: gg and spinaker sail
7:3:07: Midgie our friend
7:3:07 Trevor fishing: Pray for fish
7:2:07Fort Jefferson: Ship just arrived two days go
7:2:07 Trevor underwater: Trevor under Gabriella
7:2:07 scarey baracudda: Water Monster & Natalie
7:2:07 Lisa Hammock: Fun on the water
7:2:07 Natalie at Fort: Surfing
6:30:07 Departure: Heart on Apple from Marietta
7:2:07 Chef Trevor: Trevor cooking Carolina Steaks
7:1:07 Sunset: Lisa in Gods beuaty
7:1:07 Our Friends: Waves of Love
6:23:07 The Blessing: Pasto Marlin, Goldie and Pastor Gary with Family
4:7:07 Mary& John: Visit from Gram & Papa
4:7:07 Dewinds: Tramp Jumping our friends from air strip
3:29:07 SailingWhale Point: Windsurfing in new home port of whale point Eleuthra
12:17:06 friends Carolynn: Live Nativity Scene aboard Gabriella
12:17:06 boat parade: Ted and Jesus
2:26:07 Manatee: Baby Manatee in Florida
12:17:06Ted & Gail: Welcome Aboard
11:11:06 service: Our Friend Karen
7:22:06 Tuna: 7/22/07 Penny& Gail Tuna fishing
7:13:06 shark: 7/13/06 Trevor Sharkfishing Eleuthra
8:19:06: 8/29/07 Ted Whale Point Future Home
7:19:06Gabriella: 7/19/06 Gabriella under Way Eleuthra
 
1
God's hand at work along with the beautiful people we meet along the way.
No Photos
Created 25 June 2022
Sailing the Sea of Abaco aboard Adonai summer of 2015
6 Photos
Created 28 May 2015
Fun aboard Adonai the BOy Scouts of America rock out on the a Sea of Abaco, Bahamas
23 Photos
Created 2 April 2014
Life in Fiji
No Photos
Created 22 June 2008
Photos of Beautiful Niue
No Photos
Created 14 May 2008
Galagapos Departure to Hiva Oa
12 Photos
Created 15 March 2008
No Photos
Created 25 December 2007
These are pictures taken around spots we've been and some of the interesting things I have seen.
4 Photos
Created 8 September 2007
Prayer God Bless all the children in the world.