Worship Sailing

Mission sailing adventures

10 September 2023 | Livingston, Guatemala
21 August 2023 | Islamorada Florida
30 June 2023 | Marsh Harbor, Abaco
04 June 2023 | Tahiti Beach , Elbow Cay , Bahamas
29 May 2023 | Sea of Abaco
12 August 2022 | Sea of Abaco
25 June 2022 | Man O War Cay
04 June 2022 | Marsh Harbor Bahamas
28 May 2022 | Marsh Harbor Abaco, Bahamas
23 May 2022 | Bimini
01 May 2022 | Islamorada Florida
30 April 2022 | Yucatan Channel
28 April 2022 | Departing Guatemala
11 December 2021
15 November 2021 | P. G. Belize
11 November 2021 | Guatemala

Rain, Rain aboard Adonai is Troop 888 Evergreen Colorado on the Sea of Abaco

09 June 2017 | Adonai
gg / rain
Troop 888 Evergreen Colorado returns to the Sea of Abaco aboard Adonai for a rainy but fun filled week . Dodging storms brought us to unplanned destinations all met with enthusiasm and cheer.

Day one our swim review was in the rain but as the sun rose in the morning beauty from above shined through. Adonai is carrying us south to Sandy Cay, one of the Sea of Abaco’s beautiful reef preserves. Sporting about with the scouts today as they stroke hard against the rushing current we see grey, french and queen angel fish. Trumpet fish is in the mix along with blue head wrasse , parrotfish , and sergeant majors in their yellow and black striped suits. More exciting is the spotting of three eagle rays on the edge of the reef followed by a nurse shark and a beloved sea turtle tucked in the crevice peaking out to see the activity above. The sea turtle is my personal favorite sea creature with their big eyes they show off the most exquisite amber colors.

On the grill tonight is once again Mr. Mutton Snapper weighing in at 8 pounds. Our delicacy of conch was also brought up from the sea today. We are anchoring off of Tillo Cay. In the morning shortly after our breakfast which is cooked on the grill by the scouts a mama dolphin and her baby come cruising by 15 feet off the stern of Adonai. A very precious and special sight.

Cruising down to Tahiti beach the race to the beach begins with good competition , “one, two, three- go” and the scouts race Captain Ted of course he is in the lead! First one on dry ground wins a prize. Captain was passed at the end, a very rare happening. We call this our Coconut Iron Man. A second prize is for the first coconut split open with what ever you can find on the beach. Usually sharp rocks do the trick. There is a causality in this contest as any white shirt is now permanently a rusty brown. Returning to Adonai who is safely at anchor another spotted eagle ray cruises by with wings spread out sliding through the water with such ease. Lunch is served before we move on. The continue of dodging rain is now becoming a sport.

Hope Town Light House is ahead.Our journey is decorated with lightening strikes flashing like a camera in the sky, raising your heart rate a beat or two.Afterwards it is time to enjoy Hope Town. What we did not realize is, it’s a holiday in the Bahamas. The celebration of Randol Fawkes Labour Day was on Friday followed by Whit Sunday and today Whit Monday, which is commemorating the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples of Jesus Christ. The scouts did scout out Munchies however, finding great ice cream a scout favorite. In the evening navigation was taught by captain Ted aboard and then we celebrated a scout birthday with an over load of chocolate brownies on the forward trampolines.

Today , day 4 and rain continues to threaten across the sky in every direction. With a positive attitude Adonai heads for North Guana Reef arriving in time to wait out two squalls. The first rain came down in a peaceful kind manner refreshing our souls, but the second squall how ever hit with intensity lightning and wind whirling. A time to give respect to Mother Nature and be thankful to God for safety in the storm. With patience and endurance the sun peered through the grey sky eventually making a pleasant afternoon to snorkeling the reef and explore. A school of squid greet our snorkelers . They are a very interesting sight. The squid line up like soldiers who look like they are ready to battle. After the reef is the beach and a game of sand ball which I will leave to your imagination.

Rain continued through the night but in the morning was new grace with clear skies for a moment. Cinnamon buns at Cafe Florence starts one of our best days. We decided to hang out on the white sand beach of Treasure Cay and soak up the short lived sunshine. Sand castles, swimming , volleyball and serious hole digging are some of the beach events. The huge front that was red and yellow over Florida is about to say hello to us in a few hours. “All aboard” Adonai is heading out in hopes of beating the storm. We enjoy a most excellent sail, cruising at 9 knots. The wind is steady and in our favor. Arriving the other side of the sea with waves picking up due to the wind causes us to to pass on the barge snorkel. Instead we head over to our desolate tucked away island of Water Cay. Here we are met by killer horseflies leaving big welts on some of the scouts, it hindered our plans but did not stop hot dogs from being roasted on the fire before sundown. Back on board Adonai escaping the wilderness it is time to celebrate a second scout birthday. Being at sea is a very nice way to spend your 14th or 15th birthday. My apologies guys, I may have my years mixed up, thats what happens when you are out to sea for a long time, you forget time!

The night forecast was one of intense rain and electricity. As mid -night approached with lightening in the sky and the wind picking up to 30 -35 we kept our eyes alert for any approaching danger. . Dragging anchor is a possibility which can become a situation quickly. Thankfully the storm was less then expected, it did last all through the night so all are tired in the morning.

Our last day out before we return to Marsh Harbor calls for Man O War Cay a settlement of around 300 Bahamian residents and 135 foreign families. The island is know for it boat building history. It is a colorful peaceful island with beautiful flowers and beaches, quaint gift shops and yes the scouts found the ice cream again! After our town visit we had just enough time to swim with the friendly fish of Mermaid Reef which is a community small reef off of Marsh Harbor. The fish are very friendly from years of people feeding them. It is frowned upon today to feed the fish, but it is still fun to swim with them as they are in abundance. You feel like you are in your own aquarium.

It has been a wonderful week with a wonderful group of 11 young men, 3 super moms , and 2 awesome scout dads. There are so many nice people in the world for us all to meet and spend time together experiencing life, growing and learning. The Sea of Abaco is spectacular with God”s creation in vibrant colors. Her reefs are filled with creatures all so unique. I am grateful for this time spent making new friends and dodging storms. We pray for safe travels for Troop 888 Evergreen Colorado. “May your arrive home safe and enjoy your nice soft bed late tonight with dreams of your time aboard Adonai. Thank you for sailing with us.

Admiral Gail & Captain Ted
Comments
Vessel Name: Veinto Azul
Vessel Make/Model: 47
Hailing Port: Tavernier Fl U S A
Crew: Ted & Gail Gordon
Extra: WorshipSailing Adventures
Home Page: worshipsailing.com
Social:
Veinto Azul's Photos - Gaberiella Voyage of Faith (Main)
Photos 1 to 60 of 60
1
Christmas: Santa in the Village
Family on hill: Friends in Ezmeralda
Tree top: Awesome Tree
Girl in Guarita: Beautiful Native Mayan
gg with pina: Good day shopping
Rio Aguas Caliente: Favorite Spot in Guatemala
music house: Music mans house
Funny Pig: Walking friends
IMG_3426: Tree flower in Town
7:4:07 Natalie: Celestial Navigation
gg: gg and spinaker sail
7:3:07: Midgie our friend
7:3:07 Trevor fishing: Pray for fish
7:2:07Fort Jefferson: Ship just arrived two days go
7:2:07 Trevor underwater: Trevor under Gabriella
7:2:07 scarey baracudda: Water Monster & Natalie
7:2:07 Lisa Hammock: Fun on the water
7:2:07 Natalie at Fort: Surfing
6:30:07 Departure: Heart on Apple from Marietta
7:2:07 Chef Trevor: Trevor cooking Carolina Steaks
7:1:07 Sunset: Lisa in Gods beuaty
7:1:07 Our Friends: Waves of Love
6:23:07 The Blessing: Pasto Marlin, Goldie and Pastor Gary with Family
4:7:07 Mary& John: Visit from Gram & Papa
4:7:07 Dewinds: Tramp Jumping our friends from air strip
3:29:07 SailingWhale Point: Windsurfing in new home port of whale point Eleuthra
12:17:06 friends Carolynn: Live Nativity Scene aboard Gabriella
12:17:06 boat parade: Ted and Jesus
2:26:07 Manatee: Baby Manatee in Florida
12:17:06Ted & Gail: Welcome Aboard
11:11:06 service: Our Friend Karen
7:22:06 Tuna: 7/22/07 Penny& Gail Tuna fishing
7:13:06 shark: 7/13/06 Trevor Sharkfishing Eleuthra
8:19:06: 8/29/07 Ted Whale Point Future Home
7:19:06Gabriella: 7/19/06 Gabriella under Way Eleuthra
 
1
God's hand at work along with the beautiful people we meet along the way.
No Photos
Created 25 June 2022
Sailing the Sea of Abaco aboard Adonai summer of 2015
6 Photos
Created 28 May 2015
Fun aboard Adonai the BOy Scouts of America rock out on the a Sea of Abaco, Bahamas
23 Photos
Created 2 April 2014
Life in Fiji
No Photos
Created 22 June 2008
Photos of Beautiful Niue
No Photos
Created 14 May 2008
Galagapos Departure to Hiva Oa
12 Photos
Created 15 March 2008
No Photos
Created 25 December 2007
These are pictures taken around spots we've been and some of the interesting things I have seen.
4 Photos
Created 8 September 2007
Prayer God Bless all the children in the world.