Worship Sailing

Mission sailing adventures

10 September 2023 | Livingston, Guatemala
21 August 2023 | Islamorada Florida
30 June 2023 | Marsh Harbor, Abaco
04 June 2023 | Tahiti Beach , Elbow Cay , Bahamas
29 May 2023 | Sea of Abaco
12 August 2022 | Sea of Abaco
25 June 2022 | Man O War Cay
04 June 2022 | Marsh Harbor Bahamas
28 May 2022 | Marsh Harbor Abaco, Bahamas
23 May 2022 | Bimini
01 May 2022 | Islamorada Florida
30 April 2022 | Yucatan Channel
28 April 2022 | Departing Guatemala
11 December 2021
15 November 2021 | P. G. Belize
11 November 2021 | Guatemala

From San Blas to Colon

14 December 2007 | Shelter Bay Marina
Rain/ gg
Hello we have arrived Shelter Bay Marina out side of Colon,this is known as the canal district as you can see many ships waiting for passage. We have been traveling since:
07/21/11
Gabriella departs Bocas Del Toro Panama,the crossing is rough with seas swelling up to 8 feet enough to toss Gabriella around. I find myself becoming submissive to the seas with my ability to stand and move about greatly diminished. The sighting of dolphins have added excitement and pleasure to our closing day. Tonight the luminous moon and a glistening light leads our way, a path across the water. Papa Bill is sailing with us and how he manages on one leg amazes me to great length. God is full of mercy and grace as He gives Bill the energy to climb about dinghies, docks and constant motion of a ship under sail. Ted is strong and loves the sea. A competent captain he is I feel quite at ease. Trevor is growing stronger every day relaxed, reliable and responsible sixteen to be.
I was thinking out at sea of the dying man portrayed so often in movies and how he battles with death robbing him of life he once sought and the lure of giving up and how the strength to fight the battle flees as you reach out to surrender for that moment of peace. Do we all not search for peace in life also onto our death? I am not ready to surrender to the depths of the sea my hope is in the island of life ahead with calm beautiful seas. I see ships in the night anchored off of Colon the city of death awaiting passage through the canal to reach the other side.I look out the dark sea rises taking the distant light on for a moment to return again to the constant motion of life. Peace, peace will come for those who believe. We arrived in Linton anchoring in calm beautiful water with the sea crashing around us on the distant rocks.
Psalm 116:6 The Lord protects the simplehearted: when I was in need he saved me..Lord I trust in your word: he leads me beside quiet waters
07/22/11
Welcome to Isla Linton Panama our brief visit was exploring the surf and meeting the two resident monkeys who live in the abandon house. The sweet black monkey showed Trevor his hurt foot allowing human touch. The other bad monkey is a banana thief and bite Bill's hand and continued to attack him on the head Ted fended him off with a stick!
Back on board setting sail for the San Blas Islands . Activities of a day on board may include making water and enjoying a fresh glass in the rain as you navigate through a passing storm. Wearing a visor helps you see with the air temperature at 80 to 84 degrees it is quite pleasant. As dolphins appear to come play in the bow waves it is exciting and does your heart well.
We arrived Porvenir in the San Blas Islands. This island has an airstrip, official check- in office ,two phone booths and a hotel and that is about it except for the numerous beautiful tall palms which are all surrounded on three sides by breaking waves of the ocean on the reef . There are a few neighboring islands where most of the Kuna people live in villages. On arriving a new port people will come out in cayuco's to greet you and sell all types of items ranging from fish ,lobster, tours, beads ,shells and here in the San Blas mola's [art work on fabric multiple layers hand stitched designs] which are the most popular item . Here we met Nester and joined him for a tour of his island. We met Nesters family their house is made of bamboo and palm fronds with a sand floor and is very charming. Hammocks for beds and cooking over a fire pit fills the air with the scent of smoke. The women wear many beads on their legs and like to paint black lines down their noses which are often pierced. The clothing of the women may be the traditional sarong with a mola blouse. It turns out we were expected on this island as I had emailed a missionary contact and he in return sent word to the island to be on the look out for a catamaran. We were very welcomed met the pastor went to the church bought fuel and of coarse went to the bakery for fresh Kuna bread! delicious!
07/11/12
Encouragement? What to do when discouraged? There has been many times where I feel absolutely powerless and defeated. This also becomes difficult for my family for when I am not happy being with my self neither are they! To quit is not the answer for I am with myself where ever I go. While talking to God He has sent dolphins to cheer me up, He has shown me his beauty in nature all around me, a beautiful shell resting on a palm tree reaching out over the water, a four point starfish resting in the sand and wind to fill my sail. I have witnessed Bill some how manage to get back to Gabriella after walking threw a village with his leg coming off, Bill keeps smiling in his difficulty which reliefs the pain in your heart as you watch a loved one struggle. God,s grace provides us with the present moment to embrace with the power of His love.
On November 25 2007 we sailed to Cichime Caye. This has become my favorite. I feel so comfortable here like home. It is so picturesqueness with waves breaking around two islands and a calm anchorage nestled in the middle. Ted and Trevor enjoying surfing here on the reef and I enjoy great windsurfing in side the reef. Ramela a kind old gentleman lives on the shore and will watch your dingy for you as you explore your way through the coconut forest to Lisa's house to look at some of the best quality molas in the San Blas. There are three dwellings on this island, palm fronds for the roof and walls are tied with twine. Lisa has a separate cook house and Ramelas cook house is no longer in use the fire-pit has now moved indoors with him. The other dwelling is abandon as the last resident found it to difficult to live on these outer islands. Gathering coconuts and smoking fish is not for everyone. The other island is larger and appears to has five families with many children, dogs chickens and a pig. The Kuna people love the sea are a natural sailor and have a strong family unit.
07/28/11
Today we arrived to Holandes Kamio another beautiful anchorage with multiple islands and coves to explore. Here we met catamaran"Tango" from Islamorada! This has also been a fishing and windsurfing oasis. Wind to fill my sail and fish to fight. The wind is also welcomed for pleasant sleeping while Gabriella is protected from the rough seas inside the reef and islands.
07/29/11
Today we sail to the airport at Rio Diablo for Bill will depart from us soon........
Comments
Vessel Name: Veinto Azul
Vessel Make/Model: 47
Hailing Port: Tavernier Fl U S A
Crew: Ted & Gail Gordon
Extra: WorshipSailing Adventures
Home Page: worshipsailing.com
Social:
Veinto Azul's Photos - Gaberiella Voyage of Faith (Main)
Photos 1 to 60 of 60
1
Christmas: Santa in the Village
Family on hill: Friends in Ezmeralda
Tree top: Awesome Tree
Girl in Guarita: Beautiful Native Mayan
gg with pina: Good day shopping
Rio Aguas Caliente: Favorite Spot in Guatemala
music house: Music mans house
Funny Pig: Walking friends
IMG_3426: Tree flower in Town
7:4:07 Natalie: Celestial Navigation
gg: gg and spinaker sail
7:3:07: Midgie our friend
7:3:07 Trevor fishing: Pray for fish
7:2:07Fort Jefferson: Ship just arrived two days go
7:2:07 Trevor underwater: Trevor under Gabriella
7:2:07 scarey baracudda: Water Monster & Natalie
7:2:07 Lisa Hammock: Fun on the water
7:2:07 Natalie at Fort: Surfing
6:30:07 Departure: Heart on Apple from Marietta
7:2:07 Chef Trevor: Trevor cooking Carolina Steaks
7:1:07 Sunset: Lisa in Gods beuaty
7:1:07 Our Friends: Waves of Love
6:23:07 The Blessing: Pasto Marlin, Goldie and Pastor Gary with Family
4:7:07 Mary& John: Visit from Gram & Papa
4:7:07 Dewinds: Tramp Jumping our friends from air strip
3:29:07 SailingWhale Point: Windsurfing in new home port of whale point Eleuthra
12:17:06 friends Carolynn: Live Nativity Scene aboard Gabriella
12:17:06 boat parade: Ted and Jesus
2:26:07 Manatee: Baby Manatee in Florida
12:17:06Ted & Gail: Welcome Aboard
11:11:06 service: Our Friend Karen
7:22:06 Tuna: 7/22/07 Penny& Gail Tuna fishing
7:13:06 shark: 7/13/06 Trevor Sharkfishing Eleuthra
8:19:06: 8/29/07 Ted Whale Point Future Home
7:19:06Gabriella: 7/19/06 Gabriella under Way Eleuthra
 
1
God's hand at work along with the beautiful people we meet along the way.
No Photos
Created 25 June 2022
Sailing the Sea of Abaco aboard Adonai summer of 2015
6 Photos
Created 28 May 2015
Fun aboard Adonai the BOy Scouts of America rock out on the a Sea of Abaco, Bahamas
23 Photos
Created 2 April 2014
Life in Fiji
No Photos
Created 22 June 2008
Photos of Beautiful Niue
No Photos
Created 14 May 2008
Galagapos Departure to Hiva Oa
12 Photos
Created 15 March 2008
No Photos
Created 25 December 2007
These are pictures taken around spots we've been and some of the interesting things I have seen.
4 Photos
Created 8 September 2007
Prayer God Bless all the children in the world.