Worship Sailing

Mission sailing adventures

10 September 2023 | Livingston, Guatemala
21 August 2023 | Islamorada Florida
30 June 2023 | Marsh Harbor, Abaco
04 June 2023 | Tahiti Beach , Elbow Cay , Bahamas
29 May 2023 | Sea of Abaco
12 August 2022 | Sea of Abaco
25 June 2022 | Man O War Cay
04 June 2022 | Marsh Harbor Bahamas
28 May 2022 | Marsh Harbor Abaco, Bahamas
23 May 2022 | Bimini
01 May 2022 | Islamorada Florida
30 April 2022 | Yucatan Channel
28 April 2022 | Departing Guatemala
11 December 2021
15 November 2021 | P. G. Belize
11 November 2021 | Guatemala

Savusavu

29 June 2008 | Fiji
gg/raining
08/6/27 17 29'S:177 32'E Malevu 6 p.m.
First Night en route to Savusavu. It is quiet some distant road sounds which we have not heard since Suva. No band playing ashore from the resort district of Port Denarau just the quiet of Gabriella rocking. The night is dark moonless with stars still decorating the sky the rolling sea calmed and it was so still I awoke wondering what house I was in forgetting I was on Gabriella in Fiji.
By 6 a.m. Ted had Gabriella motoring down the coast with the morning mist rising above the rolling hills and mountains revealing the wilderness of Fiji peace is in the air. The sun is starting to burn off the grey overcast sky with the promise of a new day.
As we work our way along the coast of the big Island of Vitu Levu the city of Suva is way behind us and memories of Nadi are beginning to fade. Our direction is east towards Savusavu Harbour 16 46'S:179 21'E part of Vanua Levu the second largest Island of Fiji. Missing the exploration of the Yasawa Group of islands we did how ever enjoy Musket Cove in the Mamanutha Islands the choices are many and it would take a life time to explore all of the Fiji islands. Gabriella is motoring at 6.1 knots passing many small islands the water depth is 20 to 75 feet with many hidden coral heads and reefs. With the changing of the tide the flats become very apparent the water color changing from blue to brown. Fortunately the Navionics electronic charts are very accurate of the Fiji waters as Tonga was a different story. With our eyes on the horizon looking for exposed rocks and fish baskets it has been one month now since Gabriella entered the waters of Fiji, much has been enjoyed. Tonight's destination is somewhere near Nananu-i-ra Island to rest before we cross the body of water called Bligh Water which is thousands of feet deep which will bring us to the shores of Vanua Levu.
I believe it is a good morning for french toast so off to the galley I go.

As 2 p.m. rolls around the sun has finally decided to win the battle of the cloud cover. Arriving our anchorage full of basking sunlight 17 18'S:178 12'E Nananu -i-ra Island a pleasant surprise is Catamaran "Squid" home to the Willis New Zealand family of three who we had met in Tonga. Hours were spent conversing before we walked the beach at sunset. The island has three small cottage resorts and many fine private homes mainly New Zealanders and Australians other wise known as Kangaroos and Kiwis. Meeting Monaz a local on the pier he informed us of Paris Hilton buying the point and making preparations to build an exclusive resort, he also shared insights to the history and people of the area. Ending the day with dinner aboard and I may add no bugs joining us the evening became very calm and still the wind subsided with the coming of many stars.

Sunday 08/6/29 morning is here with a 5:30 a.m. departure watching the silhouette of Squid with her blue L.E.D. lights glowing across the water Gabriella is heading into the sunrise for Suvasavu with two large sea birds swooping along besides us. Pink highlights on the clouds tops soon turn to a purple luminous 360 degrees across the horizon mixed in with a view of mountains and open sea. The rising sun comes for the grand finale with an amber golden glow lighting and announcing the day ahead.

Gabriella is being blessed today as the Lords favor is upon us. Crossing over Bligh Waters with glassy calm seas and warm air from a sky full of sunshine. I can hear the gentle lapping of water on Gabriella's hulls. The word that comes to my mind is soft. Yes all feels, looks and sounds soft on a sea that could be ferocious. Please keep praying as we are being blessed today on this large body of water called Bligh Waters which is named after Captain Bligh. You can read his story "Mutiny on the Bounty" which tells the tale of an English Sea Captain sailing from England to the South Pacific for trade ,who after mutiny from his crew survives on the sea with a dozen men on a small open long boat and eventually he returns to Pit Karen and arrests the mutineers.

Once again I am working on the battle of black mold every sea women's unwanted companion. I can see rain in the distant which promises a good future in mold! It really is not that bad but you do need to keep on top of it and it is a little bit of a work out but with Exit Mould a product found in this part of the world, which works like a dream black mold becomes no longer a strong enemy but melts away magically like snow on a hot day, puff gone!

The pretty light blue sky has turned grey and the rain has started to fall this afternoon as we are motoring through" Save a Tack Passage" which is a short cut through the reef and will bring us straight into Savusavu in another 2 to 3 hours.
Our land fall is 6 p.m. as the bay meets the mouth of the entrance to the harbor Gabriella drops anchor off of a very exclusive looking resort. After investigation we learn it is the Jean Michel Resort where you can find designated "Serenity Areas". We were kindly welcomed and given the outsiders policy list so we would be in the know such as no smoking at the bar and stating at the end " We trust you enjoy your brief stay with us. " and I did, for it is a very fine place and the guests looked like one big happy family. The children were in a circle racing crabs and the music played as their beautiful dinner was being prepared.

In the morning we will continue the one hour journey up the river harbor to immigrations to check in and out as the conditions read favorable to go east. More prayers being answered. Thank you Jesus for answering and friends for praying.


Comments
Vessel Name: Veinto Azul
Vessel Make/Model: 47
Hailing Port: Tavernier Fl U S A
Crew: Ted & Gail Gordon
Extra: WorshipSailing Adventures
Home Page: worshipsailing.com
Social:
Veinto Azul's Photos - Gaberiella Voyage of Faith (Main)
Photos 1 to 60 of 60
1
Christmas: Santa in the Village
Family on hill: Friends in Ezmeralda
Tree top: Awesome Tree
Girl in Guarita: Beautiful Native Mayan
gg with pina: Good day shopping
Rio Aguas Caliente: Favorite Spot in Guatemala
music house: Music mans house
Funny Pig: Walking friends
IMG_3426: Tree flower in Town
7:4:07 Natalie: Celestial Navigation
gg: gg and spinaker sail
7:3:07: Midgie our friend
7:3:07 Trevor fishing: Pray for fish
7:2:07Fort Jefferson: Ship just arrived two days go
7:2:07 Trevor underwater: Trevor under Gabriella
7:2:07 scarey baracudda: Water Monster & Natalie
7:2:07 Lisa Hammock: Fun on the water
7:2:07 Natalie at Fort: Surfing
6:30:07 Departure: Heart on Apple from Marietta
7:2:07 Chef Trevor: Trevor cooking Carolina Steaks
7:1:07 Sunset: Lisa in Gods beuaty
7:1:07 Our Friends: Waves of Love
6:23:07 The Blessing: Pasto Marlin, Goldie and Pastor Gary with Family
4:7:07 Mary& John: Visit from Gram & Papa
4:7:07 Dewinds: Tramp Jumping our friends from air strip
3:29:07 SailingWhale Point: Windsurfing in new home port of whale point Eleuthra
12:17:06 friends Carolynn: Live Nativity Scene aboard Gabriella
12:17:06 boat parade: Ted and Jesus
2:26:07 Manatee: Baby Manatee in Florida
12:17:06Ted & Gail: Welcome Aboard
11:11:06 service: Our Friend Karen
7:22:06 Tuna: 7/22/07 Penny& Gail Tuna fishing
7:13:06 shark: 7/13/06 Trevor Sharkfishing Eleuthra
8:19:06: 8/29/07 Ted Whale Point Future Home
7:19:06Gabriella: 7/19/06 Gabriella under Way Eleuthra
 
1
God's hand at work along with the beautiful people we meet along the way.
No Photos
Created 25 June 2022
Sailing the Sea of Abaco aboard Adonai summer of 2015
6 Photos
Created 28 May 2015
Fun aboard Adonai the BOy Scouts of America rock out on the a Sea of Abaco, Bahamas
23 Photos
Created 2 April 2014
Life in Fiji
No Photos
Created 22 June 2008
Photos of Beautiful Niue
No Photos
Created 14 May 2008
Galagapos Departure to Hiva Oa
12 Photos
Created 15 March 2008
No Photos
Created 25 December 2007
These are pictures taken around spots we've been and some of the interesting things I have seen.
4 Photos
Created 8 September 2007
Prayer God Bless all the children in the world.