Reflections on Vanuatu

18 June 2014 | Vanuatu
17 June 2014 | Vanuatu
16 June 2014 | Vanuatu
15 June 2014 | Vanuatu
10 June 2014 | Vanuatu
28 May 2014 | Port Vila, Vanuatu
10 May 2014 | Vanuatu
10 April 2014 | New Caledonia
01 March 2014 | New Zealand
26 February 2014 | New Zealand
04 January 2014 | New Zealand

Havannah to Epi

10 June 2014 | Vanuatu
Anne Simmons
A few days over in Havannah, catching up with old friends and then we headed to Emae with intentions of going to Tongoa the next day. Yet again our plans were foiled by the weather, which turned NE! and eliminated the option of sailing to Tongoa so we changed plan and headed directly for Epi, investigating many of the anchorages we haven’t had the opportunity to explore in the past. At Emae Micheal snorkelled out to see us and ask us to buy to some fruit to help with his son’s school fees, always happy to get a fair trade we were a little disappointed in his expectations, albeit done in a very friendly manner, with the promise of free lobster when we return. The next night’s stop at Foreland totally contradicted this as two kids paddled out in their dugout to talk, after giving them a ball and some crayons they were off to return a short while later just on dark with a canoe full of pomplemoose. A pod of dolphins under our bows as we headed to Foreland was a great highlight for the day, these guys had speckled grey bodies with white snouts and very sleek bodies. They stayed with us for a few minutes before veering off to return again and then made their way elsewhere.
Comments
Vessel Name: Reflection
Vessel Make/Model: St Francis Catamaran
Hailing Port: Nelson, New Zealand
Crew: Eric & Anne Simmons

Who: Eric & Anne Simmons
Port: Nelson, New Zealand