s/v Eos

Eos (the Greek goddess of the Dawn) is an owner completed one-off Hollmann FD-12. Her hull and deck were purchased in 1990 and she was launched in 2007. A dream a long time in the making!

12 December 2015 | Brunswick Landing Marina
27 April 2014 | Brunswick, GA
28 March 2014 | Rybovich Boatyard, Riviera Beach, Florida
16 March 2014 | Port Canaveral, FL
11 March 2014 | Port Canaveral, FL
21 February 2014 | Tiger Point Bost Yard and Marina, Fernandina Beach, FL
03 November 2013 | Brunswick, GA
14 July 2013 | Brunswick, GA
20 April 2013 | Brunswick, GA
07 February 2013 | Tiger Point Marina, Fernandina Beach, FL
09 December 2012 | Tiger Point Marina, Fernandina Beach, FL
31 July 2012 | Brunswick then Newnan, GA
18 June 2012 | Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
18 June 2012 | Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas
13 June 2012 | 24 43.07'N:76 50.07'W
10 June 2012 | 24 18.19'N:76 32.465'W
07 June 2012 | 24 24.04'N:76 39.235'W
05 June 2012 | 24 43.021'N:76 49.995'W

Lovely Sainte-Anne-des-Monts

13 August 2010 | Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, Gaspe Peninsula, Quebec, Canada
Sylvia - sunny with a cool breeze

Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, Gaspe Peninsula, Quebec, Canada

August 12, 2010

We had another early rising and set off from Rimouski at 0430 to work our way down the coast to Sainte-Anne-des-Monts. It was another day of motoring because we needed to go 90 nm and there was no wind to help us along. We did have some current with us and tide part of the time so it was an easy trip. The weather was beautiful - sunny and clear - which gave us a chance to see the lovely Gaspe shore.

We only saw a ferry and one boat the whole day. I understand that the big ships tend to go along the north shore to catch a better current. Well, we certainly didn't see any of them on the south shore where we were.

We arrived in Sainte-Anne-des-Monts at 1715 and were put on the header dock so getting in and tied up presented no problems. The harbormaster, Sylva and one of the staff, Bobby, were there to take our lines. This is a lovely little marina and we are glad they could accommodate us. We decided to take a lay day here. We have discovered that taking a long run and then taking a lay day works as well for us as taking two short trips to get to the same place. And so after getting Eos all settled in we had dinner and then an early night. The trip from Rimouski hadn't been difficult but the early start was taking its toll. An early bed time was definitely in order.

August 13, 2010

Yesterday evening we asked Bobby about a place to get a couple of hair cuts. We are both starting to look pretty shaggy and my "spikey do" really turns into something else when there is too much hair to spike. He called Sylva and he made an appointment for us for this morning at 0800.

Sylva drove us to the home/salon of Annie and she gave us both great cuts. She was a very friendly and lively gal and I wish we could have communicated better than we did. After she was done with us and there were hugs and kisses all around, her friend then gave us ride back to the marina.

Sylva stopped us and gave a large bag of fresh shrimp. He is such a dear. He is the same man who drove Bill Rohde around trying to find a nut or something and he remembered them. It can be such a small world.


During the very early morning a Legend 45 came quietly in and docked at the end of the header. Bill watched him come in and was very impressed with how he spun the boat around and brought her in. Later in the morning we were working Eos closer to the end of the header when Marc and Candide came out from Samoa and helped us. They are from Quebec City and he speaks very good English and she does much better in English than I do in French. After they came aboard to look at Eos we agreed to meet later in the afternoon so we could see and admire their boat.

I went up and did a load of laundry and then fixed some boiled shrimp for lunch. MMMMMM, delicious. The rest of the afternoon was taken up getting the pictures on the PC and finally getting them posted here in the gallery.
What a job. I must make sure I don't wait so long next time. There may be more pictures than you care to see but I finally got tired and just put them all in.

We went over to visit Marc and Candide around 1700. They have a lovely boat and I got some ideas for some things for our boat. Marc was very helpful in telling us where he thought we could and couldn't go with our size and depth. What a difference it makes when you get some up-to-date local knowledge. They had just come from the Madeline Islands and they as well as others have told us that we really need to go there. So we are seriously looking at it.

We had hoped to eat at the local fish restaurant right behind the marina but we couldn't get in until 1930 and that is too late for us with another 0400 start tomorrow for Reviere-au-Renard. So we will just have to tough it and have more fresh shrimp for dinner
Comments
Vessel Name: Eos
Vessel Make/Model: Eva Hollman FD-12 one-off
Hailing Port: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
Crew: Sylvia and Bill Mueller
About:
Bill is a retired but hopefully will be again a fine artist who quit painting in 1991 to spend full-time finishing the hull and deck we had purchased. Now 18 years later he is ready to be co-captain as we we sail out the Great Lakes to become full-time cruisers. [...]

Chasing the Dream

Who: Sylvia and Bill Mueller
Port: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA