Awaiting Earl update
04 September 2010 | Cottage in St. Peter's, NS
Sylvia - foggy and only a whisper of breeze NOW
We have Eos all buttoned down with foresails, dinghy, biminis, etc. off. Double lines to the dock with fire hose for chafe protection. Don't know that there is anything more we can do. We may have done more than necessary but we would rather be safe than sorry and the practice is good I guess. I have posted photos of the marina and cove so you can see where we are.
We have taken a cottage for a couple of nights at the end of the cove. We the marina and Eos from the deck. I robbed the galley for some stores and we are just going to settle in and relax. We know that there will be times when we will have to ride something like this out on Eos but if we don''t have to why put ourselves through listening to every creak and groan, feeling every gust and getting minimal sleep.
The latest has Earl as a tropical storm going west of us so the locals are just expecting rains and strong winds. There wouldn't be much surge in here anyway. The wind direction should be such that even as it some clocking it will blow us off of the dock.
We have sailing friends settled in at Liscombe Mills and north of Halifax and in Summerside and there are all of the wonderful people we have met who have boats and homes that could be damaged. With Earl as a tropical storm we are hoping that everyone everywhere rides this out with minimal problems.