Restless Goes Sailing

Monday - The Plan

Our draft plan is to head to Madeira tomorrow subject to the weather forecast remaining as it is. Looks like Monday/Tuesday could be F5 maybe F6 and then decreasing during the week. Madeira is a good 5 days away, so exciting and a little daunting. We have done various checks of the rigging and engine, dropped the headsail checked all the stitching etc. Re-rigged the working jib which we will use as a second headsail if we get settled weather. We had a bit of water in the engine water trap which is unusual, so Tim has drained that. Charts organised into the order which we will need them. Having done the jobs we went to the beach as it is roasting and the swimming was lovely. Perfect temperature, cold but not nippy and great once your are swimming. May need to go back this evening to cool off. We then treated ourselves to lunch at a fish restaurant down by the docks. Really simple fish cooked on the griddle served with salad and spuds but delicious. The restaurant had big fans which were spraying a mist of water over us from the ceiling. That is how hot it is here. Given we will be eating tins of E numbers for the next five days, we view fresh food as being on prescription to help us avoid scurvy. We can't leave before 9 tomorrow as that is when the lifting bridge starts operating. Wondering if Mr super singer from last night will be giving it large tonight, we really should have a quiet night. Lagos marina is very touristy, and has the most UK folks we have come across. The bars immediately adjacent are advertising fish, chips and large beers so that gives a clue to their marketing strategy. Facilities very good though. Planning to go to the old town later which is over the lifting bridge. Will let you know if our plans change. Thanks again for the comments, it is fun sharing these daft bits of news with you.

Comments