Restless Goes Sailing

Atlantic crossed (could be a duplicate post)

This may be a duplicate. Just tried to post an update but it vanished. We arrived yesterday afternoon, sorry not to have updated you sooner. Our final day was windy again. We gibed towards Grenada under the Genoa. Grenada was sighted. Hilly, very green and covered in trees. When we got to the south of the island we were almost stopped by a three knot tide against us, so it took hours longer than expected to get into harbour. On arrival the ARC guys took our lines at a sort of quarantine dock. We were whisked to health officials who checked our papers and took temperatures. Restless was then allowed to move into the marina proper. Once in we had to see customs and immigration and then port officials. There was an ARC welcome party so we went straight to that sampled a couple of rum punches and crashed out. Today we were up sharp, got rid of rubbish, sorted out laundry, hosed salt off the boat, got shore power hooked up and filled up the water. Then to the showers. Heavenly, will get a photo of them for you. We booked to go on a tour tomorrow a.m. and for the prize giving dinner tomorrow eve. Then, we fell asleep for the whole day. I awoke about an hour or so ago, it was 9 p.m. here. Tim is still crashed out. We were so exhausted. Since the weekend, the weather has been tough, and that was really tiring. On the last overnight sail we were doing two hour watches. I could not stay awake for three hours. Sighting Grenada was exciting and quite emotional, as we expected it has been a little bit of a tough gig at times. Made epic by things like our last days sightings. A turtle swam past, a frigate bird hovered over us and we sailed through a massive flock of birds some with blue bills. Restless was epic, even when the crew were a bit un-nerved (terrified in my case). The sea looked awful at times, just white streaked massive waves. Restless was like a wee cork on the ocean, but plugged on steadily through it all. What a boat, and what a shore crew you have been. Thanks “team Restlesss” it has been great to share the highs, and the few lows too. We don’t have a single plan for the next stages. We only focussed on getting here, so some planning now required. The yellow brick tracker is gone, I need to find out if marine tracker will work here. The tourist board visited the boat this a.m. with a cool box and proceeded to remove glasses, ice and...rum punch. A very Caribbean breakfast, and left us a great goodie bag of spices, jams, chocolate, spirits hats and stuff. Everyone has been kind and helpful. We have not even left the marina or caught up with many other crews. Once caught up on sleep we might be a bit more coherent. Will keep you posted now that we have harbour WiFi. Back to sleep for now.

Comments