Sailing with YELO

22 April 2024 | big Ocean
21 April 2024 | Clarion Island
20 April 2024 | between Cabo and Nuku
19 April 2024 | between Cabo and Nuku
16 April 2024 | Cabo San Lucas
15 April 2024 | Los Frailes
14 April 2024 | Bahia los Muertos
10 April 2024 | la Paz
09 April 2024 | la Paz
13 January 2024 | La Paz
10 January 2024 | San Evaristo
07 January 2024 | San Evaristo
04 January 2024 | Punta Salinas, Isla San Jose
02 January 2024 | Punta San Telmo
01 January 2024 | Agua Verde
28 December 2023 | Puerto Balandra
19 December 2023 | San Juanico

Rolfos old bones

21 November 2018 | NUKU HIVA
Rolfo
health issues bogged me down for a few days . First i had to get a "beauty mark" cut out of my nose. It bugged me and it grew. Its quiet an adventure to pay a visit to the hospital . With all the very obese clients and staff here, you feel like a toothpick among elephants. Surgery with a nurse and surgeon all those green sheets and the big needle to make my nose not so nosy anymore came to a meager 170 $ !!!When i saw the cashier lady i did what i usually do in any vegetable market ...: i started to wine and moan ." I have no insurance and i have to pay it all my self poor me poor sailor hoo hoo hoo." Can you PLEASE press that big percent button on you're calculator. The fat lady at the cash register felt sorry for me and did what no hospital had ever done : SHE GAVE ME FIFTY PERCENT OFF!! Vive La France. It included 10 x rays for my knee as well etc etc .

The people are spoiled here. France gives them everything for free and still they moan . " They owe it to us , one Lady said . They did the atomic bomb here...Ok...the bomb, i said .Do you have any residue here , any radioactivity?? They dont know , but France has to pay. So they can drive those huge gas guzzlers.Nobody has small cars ,only big SUV or 4X4 king cabs . Many are way over 200 kilos . They can hardly walk and need special cloths that cover it all. Their knees are fucked by the time they leave school.

Some are fit and train for the canoe races or dance. They are fine and strong , but the majority just eat all day and gulp down soft drinks. Coca Cola sells their drinks with the highest sugar content worldwide...they love it at 5 Euros a liter...who cares. But the people are great and up in the country side ,even more friendly then here in the "big" town".

Instead of surgery i went to see the local healer. She gave me a very deep and painful massage on both legs . Sold me a magic potion that should heal EVERYTHING ...i am still waiting for the miracle. Arthritis and cartilage soft like crab meat...I also have old cartilage pieces floating inside my knee...i hurts when i walk more then an hour. Surgeon says he could suck it out with arthroscopic surgery without any promise that i would get better. So i wait till next year and limp along with my magic potion. Today Marie took us to her house and drove us around the island....nice island, nice people. I met another healer that had a magic potion...ill try her later maybe even physiotherapy...anything that i can walk again with Daniela for a half a day or so...
Comments
Vessel Name: YELO
Vessel Make/Model: CATANA 431
Hailing Port: LANGKAWI
Crew: ROLF & DANIELA
YELO's Photos - Main
First sunny and hot, then the fog moves in and the boat gets all wet. You feel the light drizzle
16 Photos
Created 20 March 2023