Sailing with YELO

22 April 2024 | big Ocean
21 April 2024 | Clarion Island
20 April 2024 | between Cabo and Nuku
19 April 2024 | between Cabo and Nuku
16 April 2024 | Cabo San Lucas
15 April 2024 | Los Frailes
14 April 2024 | Bahia los Muertos
10 April 2024 | la Paz
09 April 2024 | la Paz
13 January 2024 | La Paz
10 January 2024 | San Evaristo
07 January 2024 | San Evaristo
04 January 2024 | Punta Salinas, Isla San Jose
02 January 2024 | Punta San Telmo
01 January 2024 | Agua Verde
28 December 2023 | Puerto Balandra

Windy Gambier

28 April 2019 | Gambier
Rolf
We are hanging on Yelo cause it blows 35 knots steady and you would get soaked with the dinghy and maybe never get back to the Yelo. 3 more days then it should ease. It feels like the winter is coming with these SE winds from the arctic. Its 25 C but were freezing. Sailor friends arrived last minute here so we stayed but leave soon for Hao when the next weather window permits. Its been a bad weather year in Gambier...oh well its like Canada here ,you never know what you get every year. It might be normal for the Tuamotus as well to get a lot of wind. We will see. But things are ok on Yelo. Here in Rikitea we have a slow web and TV. Streets for biking and trails for hiking. Daniela came again with 5 kilo of fruit and veggies. Stuff that grows along the road and they dont eat at all. I traded 2 legs of pork from a happy pig for a 3 $ diving goggle. The people just trap the pigs that have gone wild and eat them. All Bio,they just eat coco nut, mango and papaya. Last week we went to Pakoi a cool man that lives alone on an island. With a long bamboo we pull down the over ripe papaya and 30 pigs are around us waiting for the feast.... oink oink. The little ones are soooo cute. Only 1 mad windsurfer is screaming thru the anchorage, everybody else is on anchor watch,too much wind for the dinghy. Hao should be warmer again. 25C with rain and 35 knots feel chilly, but what the hell,we had good weather for a while and now its that Maramu wind that blows. Glad we didn't sail, even more wind in the Tuamotus.
Comments
Vessel Name: YELO
Vessel Make/Model: CATANA 431
Hailing Port: LANGKAWI
Crew: ROLF & DANIELA
YELO's Photos - Main
First sunny and hot, then the fog moves in and the boat gets all wet. You feel the light drizzle
16 Photos
Created 20 March 2023