Yolo - Bermuda

20 March 2017 | Belmont estates where the coco beans are dried
11 March 2017 | Tyrell Bay, Carriacou
11 March 2017
03 March 2017
26 February 2017
22 February 2017 | Sunset from Happy Island
19 February 2017 | Tyrell Bay, Carriacou
17 February 2017 | St George's Grenada
12 January 2017
04 January 2017
29 December 2016
22 December 2016

Mayreau

26 February 2017
Thursday, morning we the hour trip to Salt Whislte Bay, Mayreau. It is a half moon crescent Beach lined with palm trees and bar/restaurant shacks at one end. It is beautiful. Dirk and I obviously do not look like a charter boat. None on the boats boys came out to help us pick up a mooring, like they do for the charter boats. We went ashore at took a hike up to the Catholic Church Where the views were stunning, in one direction is Tobago Cays and the other union Island. We walked down into the tiny village and then on down onto the beach on the other side of the island. I envie Dirk and his long legs as he seemed to make hiking up these hills so easy. After a rest on the boat, I got the mask and snorkel out and went for a swim, dodging the boat boys and the dinghies going ashore!!

Friday we spent watching the comings and goings in Salt Whislte Bay. Boats are coming and going some just for lunch and some staying over night, by lunchtime all the mooring balls were filled and the stragglers had to anchor - not easy in the thick sea grass for holding. The boat boys were busy tying up charter boats, taxing people ashore and selling there wares of lobster fish, baguettes, ice and fuel. Mr Forde, the man who collected our mooring fees told us some of the boat boys in the bay and been reported to the patrol boat, for going too fast in the bay! The fine we discovered was $500EU and your boat confiscated until you pay the fine!! We had dinner at Coconut bar and restaurant recommended by Mr. Forde, yes you guessed it - it is run by one of his cousins!! The meal was good - I had snapper and Dirk had tuna it was good, but the best part of the meal was the fried plantains which ended up as dessert, they didn't receive their shipment until half way through the meal!!

Saturday morning we mad e the 1/2 hr boat trip to Tobago Cays where we tied up to a mooring ball next to where the turtles feed and swim, and again NO boat boys came to assist us. We saw turtles within seconds of arriving, so in I went and saw them up close and personal!! There were several hanging out near our mooring ball eating the turtle grass. Looking East of Tobago Cays all you see is ocean, the area is protected Atlantic swells by a huge reef which surrounds most of the eastern area, which makes it and ideal spot for kite surfers of which ther were serveral doing there thing.

Not sure how many nights we will be here. Tonight Dirk arranged a lobster beach barbaque with his friend Romeo. So I'm looking forward to that.
Comments
Vessel Name: svyolo
Vessel Make/Model: Freedom 32
Hailing Port: Bermuda