Adventures in Zep Tepi

02 December 2006 | Ft. Pierce
14 November 2006 | In the Atlantic
09 November 2006 | Wrightsville Beach, NC
09 November 2006 | Beaufort, NC
03 November 2006 | Safely in Norfolk
02 November 2006 | Solomon's Island, MD
29 October 2006 | Eastern Shore
25 October 2006 | Annapolis, MD
12 October 2006 | Home in Austin
04 October 2006 | Annapolis
08 September 2006 | Eastport Yacht Club
07 September 2006 | Solomon's Island
07 September 2006 | Solomons Island
14 August 2006 | Norfolk
04 August 2006 | Abeam Camp Lejuene NC
05 July 2006 | Off the coast of SC
01 July 2006 | St. Augustine
30 June 2006 | Smyrna Beach Yacht Club
29 June 2006 | Eau Gaille
20 June 2006 | 5 miles SE of Miami

Annapolis at last

08 September 2006 | Eastport Yacht Club
Absolutely perfect
We finally made it. Couldn't have asked for a better day to sail to Annapolis. A gentle breeze, warm sun, and smooth water all the way from Solomon's Island.

when we arrived there were sails everywhere, from old Chesapeak wooden ketches, to little sabots with fledgling sailors at the helm. J boats and Vovo 70s sailed past as we pulled into the Eastport Yacht Club, just across Spa Creek from the Naval Academy.

We had a great dinner with Billy and Donna Phillips who had crewed ZT from Charleston to Norfolk, then repaired to the ship to watch one of the Hornblower movies.

Tomorrow Kay and Susan join us and we will all watch the UT OSU football game together. There are a lot of Texas fans here, and the excitement is building. Yesterday we watched last year's game on ESPN.

For today's history lesson I learned about the last battle of the Revolutionary War called the battle of the barges. It seems that a bunch of Eastern Shore Virginians got tired of the harrasing British Fleet and pulled a bunch of barges out into one of the narrow parts of the bay and took on the remains of the British Fleet on the very day that the Treaty of Paris was signed ending the war. It didn't turn out to well for the Americans, they lost over 50 men, but it did help drive the Britts out of the bay.

So much has transpired in these waters on on this ground. History wispers at you with every step down cobbled streets. It is a wonderful place to sit and think about where this country has been and where it must go to survive. I hope to have the time to do that over the next two months as we sail in and out of these historic ports.

Comments
Vessel Name: Zep Tepi
Vessel Make/Model: Endeavourcat 44
Hailing Port: Austin, Texas
Crew: Rusty & Kay
About: Chelsea, Wylie, Beckett, Parker
Extra: Now begins the second voyage of Zep Tepi. St. Pete to Newport and back!

Zep Tepi Permanent Party

Who: Rusty & Kay
Port: Austin, Texas