Sailing Scot

Join Capt. Tom and Crew on his exciting voyages as he crosses the World's Oceans

23 June 2015
22 June 2015
21 June 2015
19 June 2015
18 June 2015
16 June 2015
12 June 2015
09 June 2015
06 June 2015
04 June 2015
03 June 2015
01 June 2015
26 May 2015
25 May 2015 | Port Elizabeth
25 November 2013 | 30 deg 32 min S and 016 deg 11 min E

Gone 6 Weeks

06 March 2010 | 26 deg 51 min N, 26 deg 55 min W
Tom
Well it's six weeks now and still on the go. Pressing on although yesterday and today have been quite good as far as the daily distances go. We have the wind from the west pushing side ways in right direction for a change.

Earlier we had a picture of Mark displaying his culinary skills. Mark is quite a dab hand at the art of chopping and dicing. Wielding a kitchen knife onions and such like are soon pan ready. With the flaying kitchen knife he produced some super cole-slaws. my favorite salad! Alas the carrots have long since expired, the mayonnaise jar dried up leaving only some cabbage behind. The last of the "greens", albeit some=what bleak and faded. Not to be beaten Mark chop-chop-chopped and with the resources of Kikkoman and trusty olives we have relished in our very own style salad. Sadly there is now only one serving left before it too is a memory.

Another favorite of mine is the freshly caught fish that tastes so different when eaten soon after being caught. Hence my picture with the fine tuna thankfully received as a birthday present. Mark is not fond of fish and I do not wish to catch and kill just for the sake of it so the lures have been put away for this trip. We have enough in the freezer to get us to our destination.

Third member of the crew is Troye, the young one. Take note girls! No sooner than we had departed Cape Town and his shirt was off and out came the tanning oil for the adonis body. Remarkably here in the North Atlantic, still trying to shed its winter chill, he has taken to hiding in his hoody. Hence the picture without the tanned body.

Much has been said about the sunsets but in order to have a sunset there has to be a sunrise. These can also be spectacular. A few days ago when struggling with our zig-zag course the boat was heading east whilst I was on the early am watch. The sun rose right ahead of me directly in our path. A memorable sight shared with you all via the picture.

Shaun, who is managing the blog, advises of the many readers. On telling Troye of this he responded "So we are not alone out here." I hope you are all enjoying our voyage with us.

The coordinates are correct, just a marvellous coincidence.

Cheers Tom and Crew
Comments
Vessel Name: Allora
Hailing Port: Cape Town
Crew: Tom and 2 Other
About:
Extra:
This Blog is being managed on Tom's behalf by Shaun ZS1RA. www.sailblogs/member/leopard Tom is a part time sailor, part time engineer, part time electronics expert, etc... He has successfully delivered and crewed on Multi Million Dollar Yachts for Southern Wind Yachts amongst many [...]

Tom Ambrose - ZS1TA

Who: Tom and 2 Other
Port: Cape Town